Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accommodation help? I'm a minor but I turn 18 six days after move in Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student who is 17. I just found out I'm not eligible to move into uni accommodation since I'm not 18, but I'll be turning 18 six days after the move in day so I can't move in till then. Any international kids out there who have late birthdays (don't turn 18 until after the start of school)? How did you guys handle the situation?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Pan's_Lost_Girl)
    I'm an international student who is 17. I just found out I'm not eligible to move into uni accommodation since I'm not 18, but I'll be turning 18 six days after the move in day so I can't move in till then. Any international kids out there who have late birthdays (don't turn 18 until after the start of school)? How did you guys handle the situation?
    Contact your uni and ask for their advice. What you can do is going to depend on location and the uni you're going to.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hey Pans_Lost_Girl! You are blessed with youth!

The University will have a policy about it that you should stick to, and procedures to follow - have you asked them about it? The Student Union where you are going should be able to help too...

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.