The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

What do I do?

I received an offer for Maths with Computer Science in Clearing today, but looking at the course content for the Computer Science only programme, the latter appeals to me considerably more. How likely is it that I'll be able to switch to the programme of my choice once my offer is confirmed officially through UCAS?
I'm also a little worried because I was told to inform my university of my decision by tonight but the hotline and admissions department seem to be closed. I was made a verbal offer and they took down my UCAS number but I haven't received any emails from Southampton.
What should I do?
From what I've heard there isn't any room in the computer science course as they have taken a lot this year. I think you should decide whether the maths with computer science is really for you because ultimately that is the course you're offered and don't accept it if you don't want to do the course. Although I would suggest getting in touch by email with the ecs department about the transfer

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Contact them first before you add it to your UCAS Clearing. Call as early as you can and keep trying until you get through.
If they say no then like chriscoles01 said, if you don't want to do it try applying somewhere else or do the course.
Original post by Susan______1
I received an offer for Maths with Computer Science in Clearing today, but looking at the course content for the Computer Science only programme, the latter appeals to me considerably more. How likely is it that I'll be able to switch to the programme of my choice once my offer is confirmed officially through UCAS?
I'm also a little worried because I was told to inform my university of my decision by tonight but the hotline and admissions department seem to be closed. I was made a verbal offer and they took down my UCAS number but I haven't received any emails from Southampton.
What should I do?

Hi, the Clearing and Adjustment hotline is still open today, so be sure to call the team as soon as you can and they'll be able to discuss this with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending