The Student Room Group

Advice for retake.

Regarding remarks, is it worth remarking Chemistry and Biology? I need two marks in Chem and 4 in bio.

Note: Title is meant to say remark not retake
Original post by SGHD26716
Regarding remarks, is it worth remarking Chemistry and Biology? I need two marks in Chem and 4 in bio.

Note: Title is meant to say remark not retake

Is this AS or A2? I would say if you're that close, it's not worth it unless an offer rests on it :yep:
Ive answere at least ten of these today.

Remarks cost money, so its whether the cost £ is worth the chance of outcome.

The rules concerning remarks have been tightened up. Much harder.

You cna get extra marks onlu if.

1. Theres some sort of basic clerical mistake i.e they added the marks incorrectly.
2. The examiner has made an actual error in the mark given for a question. I emphasise error as opposed to just a difference of opinion. This is much harder than it used to be. Considering its sciences, then you are looking at them failing to award marks they should have.

If its important and you cna afford it then go for it. the chance imo is small, but it happens and you would have peace of mind its been checked.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
Is this AS or A2? I would say if you're that close, it's not worth it unless an offer rests on it :yep:

It is AS but would like to do medicine
It is AS but would like to do medicine

Then it could be worth it, yep :smile:
Reply 5

Sorry, here did you mean to say it IS worth it?
Sorry, here did you mean to say it IS worth it?

If a potential medicine offer hangs in the balance, then you could try getting the extra marks through a remark. If it didn't matter, then I would have said not to bother :h:
Reply 7
If a potential medicine offer hangs in the balance, then you could try getting the extra marks through a remark. If it didn't matter, then I would have said not to bother :h:

Thanks and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest