Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether to apply to Oxford or Cambridge as I loved both of them equally when looking around. I want to apply for Law which is AAA at Oxford and A*AA at Cambridge, I'm predicted AAA. My LNAT scores have been 25 and above but my GCSE's weren't so good which apparently bad for Oxford as they put some weight on it. I also perform quite well at interview, which do you think is better to apply to?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by lot1313)
    I'm not sure whether to apply to Oxford or Cambridge as I loved both of them equally when looking around. I want to apply for Law which is AAA at Oxford and A*AA at Cambridge, I'm predicted AAA. My LNAT scores have been 25 and above but my GCSE's weren't so good which apparently bad for Oxford as they put some weight on it. I also perform quite well at interview, which do you think is better to apply to?
    Make your choice based on the courses, not the admissions process. You will be there for 3 years, pick the course that interests you the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Make your choice based on the courses, not the admissions process. You will be there for 3 years, pick the course that interests you the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both courses appeal to me though

ReputationRep:
    Both courses appeal to me though
    Apply at Oxford. You are not going to receive an interview at Cambz with predicted grades bellow the entry requirement. Or apply at Cambz after A levels

ReputationRep:
    Visit them both and go with your intuition as to which you would prefer.

ReputationRep:
    Go Oxford, you're not gonna get an interview if you're not predicted the entry requirement.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Go Oxford, you're not gonna get an interview if you're not predicted the entry requirement.
    Ask here to check Cambridge's view of your application and in particular the role of predictions

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4238242
    Ask an Admissions Tutor IX, 4th August - 2nd September

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.