Is it worth having re-marked? Please help!

Watch this thread
clucky_chick
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!

So, I am wondering whether I should get a re-mark or if I'm being paranoid.

My results were: BBD
(There were extenuating circumstances with the last grade)

I'm thinking of getting my philosophy exam paper re-marked. Throughout the year, I have been getting B+ grades / and mostly A's in all my classwork and mock exams. This morning when I received my results online I got 70/100 UMS, which just meant that I had gotten into the B boundary by a mark. In order to get an A, I would need another seven marks, but I would even be happy if I could just get a slightly higher B.

During the exam, I used two extra booklets on paper (8 pages) alongside the answer space in the exam paper. Is there a chance that the extra paper was not seen, as I forgot to put at the end of the answers to 'see extra paper'? Or am I just being unrealistic? I also have horrific handwriting.

I'm considering getting a copy script and going through the paper with my teacher, but my family don't have loads of money, so I don't want to waste the money to find out that the paper was marked correctly. Plus, there is also the chance of it being lowered to a C.

Another strange thing I have noticed is that none of my class have told anyone their grades for philosophy on social media, and I've seen many posts about deserving students getting lower than expected grades.

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

P.S. apologies about the length!
clucky_chick
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
*bump!*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (66)
66.67%
No (25)
25.25%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
8.08%

Watched Threads