Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh said they'd like the UCAS form to be filled out by 7am tomorrow. The problem is that I didn't get myself released from my insurance because I was deciding between Edinburgh and another course I'd seen on Clearing that my insurance offers. The Clearing hotline for Edinburgh is now closed and there's only a chance that it may reopen tomorrow. How do I inform them of my situation/what do I do?
    The decision of where I decide to study will be based on Edinburgh's response to a couple of my questions - how do I go about this so late in the day?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Susan______1)
    Edinburgh said they'd like the UCAS form to be filled out by 7am tomorrow. The problem is that I didn't get myself released from my insurance because I was deciding between Edinburgh and another course I'd seen on Clearing that my insurance offers. The Clearing hotline for Edinburgh is now closed and there's only a chance that it may reopen tomorrow. How do I inform them of my situation/what do I do?
    The decision of where I decide to study will be based on Edinburgh's response to a couple of my questions - how do I go about this so late in the day?
    So you ve not been released yet? If so they probably won't be sympathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    So you ve not been released yet? If so they probably won't be sympathetic
    What do you propose I do?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Susan______1)
    What do you propose I do?
    Decide whether you are certain you don't want to go to your insurance, and if so do you mind risking a gap year as it this point I don't think you ll meet that deadline really. (Being released can take a good few hours or worse) It is partially the universities fault for not checking you had a clearing number though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.