Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got into uni, hurray n all that, but I got onto a Northumbria Clearing foundation course and I'm upset because I got onto my second choice AND it'll now be four years. Would I ever be able to transfer to Newcastle University, the university opposite and my firm choice, if I did well in the foundation course? Or am I being too fantastical?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by loveireandblog)
    I've got into uni, hurray n all that, but I got onto a Northumbria Clearing foundation course and I'm upset because I got onto my second choice AND it'll now be four years. Would I ever be able to transfer to Newcastle University, the university opposite and my firm choice, if I did well in the foundation course? Or am I being too fantastical?
    Hi,

What course do you want to do at Newcastle and what subject will your Foundation Course be in?

Persephone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newcastle University)
    Hi,

What course do you want to do at Newcastle and what subject will your Foundation Course be in?

Persephone
    I want to do English Literature and my Foundation course is Humanities!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I want to do English Literature and my Foundation course is Humanities!
    I'll ask the Admissions Assistant for English Lit and see what they say

The Admissions team are all very busy right now, so it might take a little longer than usual to get a reply. But we'll let you know what they say!

All the best,

Persephone
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

I've heard back from the Admissions Assistant for English Lit. This is what they said:

Good morning, unfortunately it is very unlikely we’ll be able to consider this student. By the sounds of it, their A level grades are below the entrance requirements and we would take this into account when dealing with a second year transfer onto English Lit.

I know they won’t be overjoyed with this suggestion - but if they were to retake their A level exams we would be happy to receive an application from them.

Sorry that I couldn't bring you a more positive answer!

All the best,

Persephone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.