Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by bjt1882
PC gamer? :biggrin: Love the username

Yeah i play a bit of pc
mainly console though
Original post by TITAN_Y
Yeah the coursework is so frickin annoying:angry::angry:

It is, but it does reduce stress for the exam, provided you do well. Therefore, I always suggest trying to really nail the coursework, getting the highest mark you can, or the highest mark that your teacher is willing to give you.
Original post by _gcx
I don't see why not! :biggrin:

Why are you worried about IT? (I'm guessing coursework D: )
Thanks
N.e Year 11s wreck Year Severns' Ties for them???! Eg with Scissors!!?
Original post by CoolaClime Student
N.e Year 11s wreck Year Severns' Ties for them???! Eg with Scissors!!?

Umm... what?
I'm slightly late but hi! I'm lavendermenace and I'm taking:

Sociology

Art & Design

Latin (with additional language)

Religious Studies (my school calls it Philosophy and Ethics though)

Graphic Products

Double Science

English Lang/Lit

Maths

For A Levels I want to do:

Sociology

Latin

Art & Design

Either English Language or Politics

I'm pretty sure they're all AQA except for science, which is OCR. I'm hoping to do a degree in Human/Social/Political sciences at Cambridge, but am also interested in both Liberal Arts and Communications.
Reply 566
Original post by thefunmaster
heyy im @thefunmaster im also in year 11 and from Birmingham:smile:

im doing 11 GCSE`s

-maths (EdExcel)
-further maths (EdExcel)
-english lit (AQA)
-english lang (AQA)
-triple science (AQA)
-Religious studies (AQA)
-Psychology (AQA).. interested to know who else took psychology at GCSE as its very rare
-Drama (EdExcel)
-Geography (OCR B)

I am somewhat ready for my year 11 exams but im quite nervous about the new GCSEs especially for english but hopefully all goes well :smile:

I have absolutely no clue on what I want to be as my mind changes quite frequently but subjects i enjoy is maths , religious studies and my sciences.

hey, on the topic of psychology - how are you finding it? i sort of regret not taking it, it seems really interesting
Reply 567
Original post by iso.lde
I take both core RS and Philosophy & Ethics, though whether or not my class takes an exam/full course in core RS is yet to be decided.
Yes and yes!! History, Government and Politics, English Language, and Computer Science. What about you?
I know, I still feel like a year seven s:

Ahh okay
Your a levels are fairly similar to mine! At the moment I think I want to take history, English lit, government and politics ( this depends if I get into the sixth I want), German and/or geography :smile:
Hey, I'm bluepearl 7from London. The subjects I'm doing for GCSEs are :
Core/Double and Triple Science
English lit and language
Computer science
Religious Studies
French
Statistics
Geography
Further maths(maybe)

I want to study Maths, Bio, Chem and physics for A levels and I would like to become a neuroscience in the future.

how does everyone study for Religious studies and Computer Science?
Original post by bluepearl7
English lit and language
Computer science
Religious Studies
French
Statistics
Geography
Further maths(maybe)

I want to study Maths, Bio, Chem and physics for A levels and I would like to become a neuroscience in the future.

Hi! :banana: Neuroscience sounds super interesting. With regards to Computer Science, there's a youtube channel called 'Computer Science Tutor' which helped me learn everything I needed to know for year 10 mocks last year. It also helps to just generally read the news to see what's going on in the tech world and see if you can find any real-world applications for theory you may've just learnt. Also if you haven't done A453 yet, find out what programming language your school uses and practise it as much as possible! It doesn't have to be boring programs, try using resources such as an arduino or raspberry pi (if available) to make learning more physical and fun!
Original post by e2014
I have a new computer science teacher and we are starting a new controlled assessment but I'm so worried because whilst my other teacher explained it so well, the new teacher we have has a very different teaching style and I have barely any idea on how I'm meant to approach the task.

You're on AQA and doing it in vb programming language right? (I think that was you...)
pm me at any time if you need any help :smile: (no guarantee I'll reply quickly though because I'm really bad at replying to pms lol)
Original post by Jamie Vardy
GCSEs are easy peasy. Didn't revise and passed.

Ok good for you :smile:
Original post by beanzz
hey, on the topic of psychology - how are you finding it? i sort of regret not taking it, it seems really interesting

hey, psychology is a very interesting subject to learn definitely but our school never had a good teacher for psychology until the last term of year 10 so i wasn't quite sure about how much i really liked it.However, now its really good but requires a lot of memorising of the different case studies for each theory and definitely a lot of memorising of the key terms and stuff but other than that its a great subject:smile: ...you could opt to take it at a level if you like which is more common than taking it at GCSE.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bluepearl7
English lit and language
Computer science
Religious Studies
French
Statistics
Geography
Further maths(maybe)

Neuroscience wow that sounds awesome! I want to do those subjects for A levels too as I want to go into medicine. To answer your question, for religious studies i like to make a mindmap for each unit as well as flashcards on the quizlet app for the keywords. It also helps to do some past papers and make sure to time yourself, spending only 20 minutes on each question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _gcx
Umm... what?

Just saying that some Year 11s cut the younger guys Ties at mine!! They object to us wearing them like they tie theirs!!
Hey I'm Dayoyolo and I'm from London. The subjects that I am currently taking are:
Maths (Edexcel)
English language (Aqa)
English literature (Aqa)
Chemistry (Aqa)
Biology (Aqa)
Physics(Aqa)
Music(Edexcel)
Pe (Edexcel)
Spanish(Aqa)
History(Wjec)

I want to study Chemistry, Biology,Physics and Maths at A Levels to do medicine and become a doctor in the future.
I started school on Friday and I am not ready for year 11. I am so worried about the new GCSEs for maths and English and I have a lot of coursework to complete more or less every single subject and I don't feel as though I have enough time.😁
Does anyone have advice for the music performances and compositions and how to get A*s' on them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm Eden and I'm a bit of a politics nerd. Whoops.
I'm taking English Lang&Lit, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Media Studies, ICT and History. All of these are on AQA except English & Maths
I like History and English and I want to be a lawyer.
Original post by patriciaanne
Neuroscience wow that sounds awesome! I want to do those subjects for A levels too as I want to go into medicine. To answer your question, for religious studies i like to make a mindmap for each unit as well as flashcards on the quizlet app for the keywords. It also helps to do some past papers and make sure to time yourself, spending only 20 minutes on each question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, My mocks are quite near and I am starting to worry about all the subjects.
Reply 578
This week's quote(s) of the week are:
Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.
There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.

I hope you find this motivating and thanks to @Just Some Person (Cerian) for the idea. :biggrin:
- JTran38 12/09/16
I'm trying to look for medical work experience but many of the hospitals and GPs I've asked have said they haven't got any. How do I persuade them to let me shadow a doctor?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest