The Student Room Group

AS level results (what to do next)

So I've realized my AS level results we're not brilliant with a C in Psychology and a C in Maths (taking new linear A levels in Physics and Chemistry) but i'm just wondering how this will affect my application to universities whilst I take my A2s as i'm not entirely sure how it all works.
My official AS in in psychology but maths i'm sure i'll take to A2 and I got good grades in 2 of the 3 papers but in core 1 I got a D and I know I can re-take this if I need to.
Original post by profjb
So I've realized my AS level results we're not brilliant with a C in Psychology and a C in Maths (taking new linear A levels in Physics and Chemistry) but i'm just wondering how this will affect my application to universities whilst I take my A2s as i'm not entirely sure how it all works.
My official AS in in psychology but maths i'm sure i'll take to A2 and I got good grades in 2 of the 3 papers but in core 1 I got a D and I know I can re-take this if I need to.

Those are good, what are you talking about! :wink:

Your predicted grades are more an estimation on what you will achieve based on your in-class assessments during your uni application stage as well as your AS results. There are not an indication to what you might get so bare that in mind.

Those Cs can be predicted to a B in most cases if they are reasonable Cs and now low Cs.
Reply 2
I got similar grades don't worry you're not alone! My college said that your predicted grade is one grade higher from what you got in AS if you do relatively good in your A2 mocks then it might go up by 2 grades! A C in AS = predicted a B in A2!
Reply 3
Thanks for your advice :smile:.
I'm enrolling tomorrow so i'll see what they say but i'm feeling a lot more optimistic about it now. I think what I can get from this is if I have a high C grade it might be worth not re-taking one of the maths exams and just focusing entirely on the next 3 exams at A2. I'll defiantly ask about this tomorrow as too be honest the idea hadn't crossed my mind yet.

Quick Reply

Latest