Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bill sharing companies e.g. Split the bills, Glide Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone used any of these companies before to pay their bills?

The thought of just paying one bill every month is appealing but don't want to get ripped off..

Thoughts anyone?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MissJ89)

The thought of just paying one bill every month is appealing but don't want to get ripped off..

Thoughts anyone?
    You do get ripped off and bills are not hard to set up and manage.

If it were me i'd make sure that i had a contractual agreement from your housemate that he will deposit at least x per month into your bank account. If he fails then take a very hard line and immediately eject him.

ReputationRep:
    Split the bills went bust recently as they couldn't pay their bills (google it). They're back again. I'm not convinced paying these tiny companies is worth the risk

ReputationRep:

Thoughts anyone?
    Such a scam, not all of my housemates had signed up and then one day glide just decided that we had and started charging us. After that we called them several times and they always said they would sort it but even now we are still being sent emails that they are charging us. And they want a leaving fee even though we hadn't signed up in the first place.

ReputationRep:

Thoughts anyone?
    Great, until your landlord tells you this month's rent hasn't been paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If he fails then take a very hard line and immediately eject him.
    How would a tenant eject another tenant?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.