Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What did you do to celebrate/grieve A-level Results Day? Watch

• PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    When I got my results, I wasn't much of a going-out-having-a-party kind of person, so I went out to HMV, splashed out on Inception on DVD, and watched it on the HD TV with the sounds turned waaaay up . There may have been a tub of Ben & Jerrys in there for good measure.

So, whether you're off to University today, or you're grieving a missed offer, what are you guys up to this evening?

*if you're not getting results, what would/did you do to celebrate A-level Results Day?

ReputationRep:
    went into town after picking up my results and brought some cake. I said I was going to do it either way. either it would be a celebratory cake or a cheer me up cake. thankfully it was a celebratory cake!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    renewed my Netflix subscription and bought some food because couldn't be bothered to cook... will have a quiet night...

ReputationRep:
    Watching the Olympics waiting for Bolt!

Sleep

ReputationRep:
    I don't know yet, I don't think my grades have sunken in and hit me yet...I did pretty bad but acting like I don't care or not fussed. I haven't cried, gotten angry, got upset...I don't know...I'm just worried that my depression will kick in once it processes.

I've had comfort food (McDs), taken a nap, listened to some music and had some banter.

Until then I'm going to binge watch JK News, Read MANY manga books, look into study again for my AS and A2!!

ReputationRep:
    Today I got my AS results so not as stressful as it will be next year (!!!) I didn't get exactly what I want yet I have still had a great day. I went to a dessert restaurant with my friend to celebrate straight after then came home to a celebration cake from my mum. For dinner this evening we then had a Chinese takeaway as a treat and I am researching things to do in Paris as I'm going there next weekend as a results day reward!! Overall a very yummy day haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    went into town after picking up my results and brought some cake. I said I was going to do it either way. either it would be a celebratory cake or a cheer me up cake. thankfully it was a celebratory cake!!
    (Original post by Abby3112)
    Today I got my AS results so not as stressful as it will be next year (!!!) I didn't get exactly what I want yet I have still had a great day. I went to a dessert restaurant with my friend to celebrate straight after then came home to a celebration cake from my mum. For dinner this evening we then had a Chinese takeaway as a treat and I am researching things to do in Paris as I'm going there next weekend as a results day reward!! Overall a very yummy day haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm very jealous of your food guys :hand:

(Original post by iEthan)
    renewed my Netflix subscription and bought some food because couldn't be bothered to cook... will have a quiet night...
    Anything good on Netflix I should be catching up on?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    I'm very jealous of your food guys :hand:

Anything good on Netflix I should be catching up on?
    Not sure according to Queen Cersei Suits is good atm so might try that...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Going to Nandos

I am not an A-level student :ninja2: but celebrating nonetheless.

...not actually going to Nandos, just sleeping.

ReputationRep:
    I'm crying and anticipating GCSE results day. 👍🏼
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Guess everyone else is actually out partying .

ReputationRep:
    Started off by going to play tennis with a few of my mates. We then ended up going nandos, and I had an alternative solo extra long route home reading the evening standard (phones battery died :rolleyes:). Got home, told my mum everything and went off for a bike ride... going to renew my ps plus subscription now.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Get drunk on the caffeine in tea.

ReputationRep:
    AS results for me, but I'll partake anyway - I got an acoustic guitar and an electric guitar modelling amp as gifts for doing somewhat well (^:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.