Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am reapplying to medicine this year and have recognised I really need to improve my interview skills.
    I have decided to take an interview course, but would just like to know if anyone has any feedback on any of the courses they've taken to help me decide which one is best

P.S. I don't want anyone telling me not to bother doing a course, I know it's right for me to do one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicinehopefulx28)
    I am reapplying to medicine this year and have recognised I really need to improve my interview skills.
    I have decided to take an interview course, but would just like to know if anyone has any feedback on any of the courses they've taken to help me decide which one is best

P.S. I don't want anyone telling me not to bother doing a course, I know it's right for me to do one.
    If you have decided on doing a course choose one that has mock interviews with feedback, so you can actually practice and improve. Some courses do mock MMIs (others just panel) too, so look into what's best for you depending where you apply. Also don't just expect the course to make you interview ready in a day. I would advise that you start preparing well before the course, learning ethics stuff, roles of a doctor ect. and being able to answer typical medical interview questions. Perhaps buy an medical school interview book and practice answering the questions. This means when you do the course you will be in a strong position and can have a proper go at answering the questions, can revise knowledge and will give you a confidence boost. Having been an interviewer for mock interviews it is great when candidates are well prepared as specific detailed feedback can be given, which allows them to fine tune their skills and really ace an interview. On the other hand if a candidate is clueless it is much harder as only basic feedback can be given, and they need to go away and do more preparation. Just my opinion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.