The Student Room Group

how to ace your A-Levels??

So... there is this book called how to ace your A-Levels posted everywhere on social media and after my results today I'm thinking of trying it out. Has anyone used it or does anyone know if it is good??
Reply 1
Step 1: Listen in class
Step 2: Revise
Step 3: Practise
Step 4: Take the exam

There. Saved you a likely boring read and probable waste of money. Find a revision technique that works for you, and you should be fine.
Reply 2
Thank you - thought it might just be like any other revision book- i thought there might b a secret i was missing lol
Reply 3
I don't actually know what the book is, I've never actually heard of it :smile:
But honestly, you can't go wrong doing what I said.
I just reserved the book today and couldn't put it down. I would really recomend, the main method of revision mentioned in the book is layered learning. So if you have 80 days before start of exams, layer one is going through each of your subjects content subject by subject thoroughly so 10 days for each subject if you have 4 subjects, then second layer is moderate repetition of all stuff subject by subject but 5 days each and 3rd layer is brief repetition 2 days each... I would recomend to get the book and get the full details and tips.
Reply 5
Original post by Vlopatyuk
I just reserved the book today and couldn't put it down. I would really recomend, the main method of revision mentioned in the book is layered learning. So if you have 80 days before start of exams, layer one is going through each of your subjects content subject by subject thoroughly so 10 days for each subject if you have 4 subjects, then second layer is moderate repetition of all stuff subject by subject but 5 days each and 3rd layer is brief repetition 2 days each... I would recomend to get the book and get the full details and tips.

Hi I know it's been long since you're comment but I'm really hoping you still use your account and reply
I have just under two months left till my first a level exam and have done barely any revision
Is it worth me buying the book?
Original post by kiraa
Hi I know it's been long since you're comment but I'm really hoping you still use your account and reply
I have just under two months left till my first a level exam and have done barely any revision
Is it worth me buying the book?

U CANT REVISE THAT LATE FOR A LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it would work for gcse but never for A level.
Original post by msproject
U CANT REVISE THAT LATE FOR A LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it would work for gcse but never for A level.

can you post the link to pdf or just dm/email me
A level law is easy. You'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest