Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So today I woke up to 4A's at AS, something I did not anticipate. Although the result themselves are amazing, my UMS show that I just scratched it. I take History, Politics, English Lit and RE. RE and Politics count towards next year in the new system, and my UMS in total is 160 and 161 for each (with 160 being an A.) Although you don't have to put your individual modules down, I've been told you have to put your overall UMS for the course right? (And since the course takes 41 people, this will disadvantage me a lot)

My GCSE's were alrightish for Oxford (3A* 5As 2bs) and my extra curriculurs include speaking at the house of commons, being head girl, and a sutton trust summer school in St Andrews.

Is it worth it for such a popular course that takes so few people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinCav)
    Hi guys,

So today I woke up to 4A's at AS, something I did not anticipate. Although the result themselves are amazing, my UMS show that I just scratched it. I take History, Politics, English Lit and RE. RE and Politics count towards next year in the new system, and my UMS in total is 160 and 161 for each (with 160 being an A.) Although you don't have to put your individual modules down, I've been told you have to put your overall UMS for the course right? (And since the course takes 41 people, this will disadvantage me a lot)

My GCSE's were alrightish for Oxford (3A* 5As 2bs) and my extra curriculurs include speaking at the house of commons, being head girl, and a sutton trust summer school in St Andrews.

Is it worth it for such a popular course that takes so few people?
    Congrats! I'm not sure about everything else since I don't know anything much about HisPol, but Oxford can't see any of your UMS, only letter grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Congrats! I'm not sure about everything else since I don't know anything much about HisPol, but Oxford can't see any of your UMS, only letter grades.

Oh really?! I tried looking on the internet but got a bit confused, and people have said they could see the UMS next to the achieved grade? If not though that's a huge incentive! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinCav)
    Oh really?! I tried looking on the internet but got a bit confused, and people have said they could see the UMS next to the achieved grade? If not though that's a huge incentive! Thanks!
    Not unless they've suddenly decided to change it this year (unlikely!), no universities can see your UMS unless they contact you asking for them (e.g. Cambridge).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.