Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is this guy and we went out for like 4 months and I'm the one who broke up with him (due to trust issues etc) but we still remained very close friends. I say very close in the sense that we still basically acted as if we were a couple, we hang out a lot and we still have sex. He gets really hurt at small comments I make about his personality or gets upset when I say I don't think I could ever be in a relationship with him again. He says these really mushy romantic cringy things and even all my friends agree that its a tad overboard for someone who I'm not even with any more.

Anyway there was a point where we hadn't talked for a while and when I saw him, it seemed like he only wanted sex and this happened like 3 times (he did want to hang out on other days after that w/o sex but I rejected) and it upset me. I also find out that he was sleeping with other people and that upset me even more (Although he apparently claimed that I was the only person it felt "intimate" with). At this point I vowed to cut him off and didn't speak to him for a while and he obviously came with the whole mushy **** but I ignored it. Anyway eventually I gave in because for some reason I just had this craving and want for affectionate and I knew he would give it to me.

So now we're back to doing what we were doing before (still without the relationship thing because I don't feel ready) and I can't tell if I'm being used for sex or not because I keep going back for it regardless. Every time I'm away from him, I feel this crave for affection and cuddles and sex and for him to make me feel special and listen to me but I don't want to hang out with him outside the bedroom (even though he always mentions it) or be in a relationship with him. I don't know what's wrong with me and what kind of love this is?? Its not even just the sex, its just the way he makes me feel because I know that he loves me.

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't sound like love at all. I think the problem is that you want to be loved and so you kind of mislead yourself into thinking that you are in love when you are with him, but I can assure you if he is not committed to you fully he only wants one thing. I don't know your intentions, whether you want to continue this relationship or whatever else, but I would focus on finding someone genuine who would bring happiness in every aspect of your life(so you will never have to write posts like this )

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like you lust him and feel jealous the minute he's not giving you his whole attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Every time I'm away from him, I feel this crave for affection and cuddles and sex and for him to make me feel special and listen to me but I don't want to hang out with him outside the bedroom (even though he always mentions it) or be in a relationship with him.
    Sounds like you're using him for sex if anything

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.