Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a Y13 who took a gap year because I wanted to study engineering. I did A-Levels in Maths, IT, Economics and Philosophy. I also did an engineering BTEC but it had no physics. I got a place to study electronic engineering and computer science at university. The only problem is I haven't studied physics since Y10 and that was almost 4 years ago. Should I teach myself the electricity topics from AS + A2 physics over the next two weeks or will it be a waste of time?

What is your opinion? Tell me in the comments.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and if anyone has an AS or A2 physics textbook please send me a pdf link.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just finished year 13 and am off to do physics so am not much help with what you need to know, but I can recommend a revision guide; if you google "OCR advancing physics b wikibook" you'll find the guide I used for revision and it's ace - has the AS and A2 content very neatly summarised Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveire&song)
    Hi, I've just finished year 13 and am off to do physics so am not much help with what you need to know, but I can recommend a revision guide; if you google "OCR advancing physics b wikibook" you'll find the guide I used for revision and it's ace - has the AS and A2 content very neatly summarised Hope this helps!
    how long do you think it would take to learn all the electricity/waves topics from AS

ReputationRep:
    Strongly advise you not to. The university will bring you up to speed with everything. Relax while you can, the maths in EEE becomes a beach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    how long do you think it would take to learn all the electricity/waves topics from AS
    I'm not sure because obviously I learned it slowly at school, but there wasn't much electricity in the AS so it shouldn't be too long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveire&song)
    I'm not sure because obviously I learned it slowly at school, but there wasn't much electricity in the AS so it shouldn't be too long!
    are there any complementing videos to the syllabus for AS physics like maths has examsolutions?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure - sorry - I only used revision guides and past papers, but I'm sure there will be somewhere on youtube!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    I am a Y13 who took a gap year because I wanted to study engineering. I did A-Levels in Maths, IT, Economics and Philosophy. I also did an engineering BTEC but it had no physics. I got a place to study electronic engineering and computer science at university. The only problem is I haven't studied physics since Y10 and that was almost 4 years ago. Should I teach myself the electricity topics from AS + A2 physics over the next two weeks or will it be a waste of time?

What is your opinion? Tell me in the comments.
    No don't worry too much about the a level things if you want to prepare look at some simple C programming and try some out and get an arduino and have a play with that he'll get an esp8622 Shield for it and try out the Internet of things should only set you back about £40 for the lot but you will need some resistors and led's and things

How do I know I have an electronic engineering degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.