The Student Room Group

Subject Choice

Hi, i'm just about to start my first year of sixth form, but i'm undecided towards my 4th option. I'm taking English Literature, Geography, Biology and then either philosophy and ethics or physcology. Which is the more valued subject between the two? Which of the two would you suggest?
Original post by jlf2603
Hi, i'm just about to start my first year of sixth form, but i'm undecided towards my 4th option. I'm taking English Literature, Geography, Biology and then either philosophy and ethics or physcology. Which is the more valued subject between the two? Which of the two would you suggest?

Do you have to take a 4th A-level?

RS is a tough subject and I picked it as my 4th subject as well. It was the worst and best decision I ever made because there was so much content for both components, it felt like I was doing 2 extra A-levels. The plus side to me was that I really enjoyed it and ended up studying Philosophy at uni alongside English Lit.

I would have a look at what your sixth form will be teaching and see whether the syllabi for both subjects seem interesting to you.

RS has a lot of complicated thought and arguments. It's tough to get your head around a lot of the topics. If you like questioning life through religious practices then it's for you. If you enjoy questioning the individual mind and looking into research and case studies then that's Psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending