?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
. f
Badam96a
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well i got into Leicester with DDE AS results. However, i was predicted straight B's and got 30/42 on the lnat. Finished my ALevels with AAB though.
jambojim97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
London Met?
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by highfly)
Just want to know if I can apply to Kings Bristol or any other good unis with AS results of BDDD and a good lnat/personal statement
Honestly, I doubt it. Those universities are extremely competitive, to the extent that a good LNAT and personal statement won't make up for your AS grades - a lot of people will have a great personal statement and high AS grades, so you simply wouldn't be able to compete with them. Unless you have valid extenuating circumstances, you should either apply to universities that ask for lower grades (ABB/BBB and lower, I'd argue), or apply after you've completed A levels, during a gap year.
highfly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
(Original post by jambojim97)
London Met?

Yes and risk being unemployed for the rest of my life
username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thames valley
highfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by doctorwhofan98)
Honestly, I doubt it. Those universities are extremely competitive, to the extent that a good LNAT and personal statement won't make up for your AS grades - a lot of people will have a great personal statement and high AS grades, so you simply wouldn't be able to compete with them. Unless you have valid extenuating circumstances, you should either apply to universities that ask for lower grades (ABB/BBB and lower, I'd argue), or apply after you've completed A levels, during a gap year.
But I am putting my AS grades as pending on UCAS so the uni will only have GCSE ,LNAT, PS and predictions to go on, because my AS contributes to my A2 so I don't enter my AS on UCAS
bioloves
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Westminister

Posted from TSR Mobile
highfly
Rep:
?
Little update I am studying law not Art, I need a decent uni
Zakriah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Considering the fact you have to redo these AS exams next year, i would say work extremely hard to push those and your A2s to As and Bs then even if you get rejections and offers from sht unis this year, you can go through adjustment next year and go to a top uni. Use the BDDD as a wake up call and focus otherwise just go to London Met and don't complain.
Whippersniffer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's a little arrogant to belittle the unis suggested given the fact your AS results aren't exactly amazing. Either resit your AS exams, or work extremely hard at A2 - although with the latter option, you may need to apply post-A2 with your better results to stand a chance at a uni like Bristol or Kings.
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly, with those grades you don't have much chance at Bristol or Kings. I did King's summer school and they mentioned law was one of the toughest courses to get into and even people who get higher AS than yours get rejected. Either redo your AS exams and do amazing in them, retake Year 12 and get those grades up to As and Bs or do some other subject at uni and do a law qualification after.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Too bad - your grades aren't good enough for them.

Try Aston or Huddersfield
DianaRead
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends on what your predicted grades will be, I had BBDD AS, predicted BBB at A-Level (300 Ucas).

I ended up with CCE A-Level but still got on the course I wanted at Huddersfield, studying psychology, but I had applied for law and changed last minute.

So all depends really! Go off your predicted grades and apply anywhere, but don't forget to always apply for a foundation course. I applied for the foundation course at Manchester Met at 200 UCAS and the actual course is 300 UCAS. That is a good Uni. So is Huddersfield, for 300 Ucas.
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol i just came into this thread because you got the same AS results as me!
oni176
Badges: 3
Report 3 years ago
Is this the new specification provided from Sept 2015?
username1230881
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But I am putting my AS grades as pending on UCAS so the uni will only have GCSE ,LNAT, PS and predictions to go on, because my AS contributes to my A2 so I don't enter my AS on UCAS
You need to declare your AS levels, regardless of the fact that they contribute towards your full A level as far as I know, though I think Carnationlilyrose might be able to clarify.
citibankrec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just want to know if I can apply to Kings Bristol or any other good unis with AS results of BDDD and a good lnat/personal statement
lol try the old polys
M14B
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jambojim97)
London Met?
Jasaron
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Apply after you get next year's results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads