No you will not :indiff:
Original post by usycool1
So how come you never call me Darling? :colonhash:

We all know that there's only one name for you, usyboob1. :heart:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 683
Original post by Kxjzh
Okay I need some help. My biology teacher does not think I'll be able to cope with the course because I got a C in additional science. The requirement is at least a B at Core Science, and a B at additional, but I got A at core and C at additional. I have had mental health problems the last year, and I had a 'friend' who wouldn't let me get any work done in biology this year so I know, I can do better. But I don't know what to do. Help? Anyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to bring my own post again, but can anyone offer any advice here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, my name is Jasmine 16 years old and I just entered 6th form last week, in a school which I have been at since Year 7. So for 5 years. :smile:

For my GCSE results I got:
English Language: C
English Literature: B
Maths: C
Art & design: B
History A: D
Science A: C
Add science A : C
R.S: D (lol, idc about r.s)
Geography: C
Graphics: B

Didn't get any A's. I'm not very academic.

Unfortunately, I am now studying Business BTEC at my 6th form which I find very boring. This is because I focused to get a C in maths which you need to get in and I let my english language slip. So I am now looking and applying to get into art colleges or courses, since art is what I want to do.

- What are your hobbies and interests?
I like watching films/tv series and anime, reading books and manga, drawing, painting, teasing my cat, gaming: Mostly on 3DS, Wii and PC/MAC.I mainly play an MMO called World Of Warcraft.

- What subjects are you planning to take?
I was planning to take Art, English, Graphics and History. I needed to get a B to be able to study History at my school which didn't get close, but I was okay with dropping that. Sadly, I needed a B in english language, which I was suprised got a C since I've gotten A's before in my mocks. But I needed that to be able to do any subjects I wanted at the school which has quite high standards. So now I'm stuck doing business BTEC which is pretty much the same when I was back at school doing it in Yr9-11. However, I do have quite a lot of free periods and a day off on friday for now since it's supposed to be for work experience.

- Your favourite subject(s)?
I really enjoyed Art though for GCSE it was quite stressful with a lot of homework. I also enjoyed graphics a lot near the end of the school year as we were doing a lot of woodwork. I also liked History, it was quite interesting though it could be boring at times and studied civil rights constantly instead of Jack the Ripper since they changed it. English was also fun because I got to read at the start of the lesson.

- Your ideal future occupation?
I honestly have no idea. In the past I was always changing what I wanted to be but now I have no idea. I am not sure if I want to have a job related to art as some say it ruins the fun of their hobby, but I know I would like to have a practical job with good pay so I can at least pay the rent on time in the future and maybe do some bossing about too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kxjzh
Sorry to bring my own post again, but can anyone offer any advice here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

@usycool1 already addressed this. Did you do this:

Original post by usycool1
I would urge you to get an official diagnosis in that case. Ask those teachers who feel the same to see if they can help too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by skhan99
Oh god 😂 And yeh I will thanks!!!and yeh psychology is sooo interesting!we have a geordie teacher and she's crazy which makes it even more great 😊And wow maths?!gosh I'd never how is it?!

We haven't done too much in Maths yet but it's fine at the moment. I have quite a few lessons of it each week but I think I'll get used to it. :h:

Original post by SmiggleWiggle
x

Long time no speak. :wink:

Original post by hamza772000
I also have 2 teachers, one for the pure modules and one for the applied ones :smile:

Oh, ok :tongue: So for Maths and FM this year, I believe I'm doing C1, C2, S1, S2, D1, FP1 :smile:

:five: Exactly the same! :biggrin: Good luck to the both of us then. :tongue:
Original post by karmacrunch
We haven't done too much in Maths yet but it's fine at the moment. I have quite a few lessons of it each week but I think I'll get used to it. :h:

Long time no speak. :wink:

:five: Exactly the same! :biggrin: Good luck to the both of us then. :tongue:
Haha, yay! :biggrin: I guess we could help each other out, right? :smile:
I also have 2 teachers, one for the pure modules and one for the applied ones :smile:

Oh, ok :tongue: So for Maths and FM this year, I believe I'm doing C1, C2, S1, S2, D1, FP1 :smile:

lol, I didn't even do it for GCSE, I swear there's sooo many programming geniuses in my class :s-smilie: :tongue: We've just looked at the different number types and how to solve logic questions :tongue:

Oh, cool, what was the other one you were doing again? Sorry I forgot :tongue:

Ur kinda lucky all we've done so far is looking at the theory behind cpu in depth :biggrin:
Original post by Waveyalex
Ur kinda lucky all we've done so far is looking at the theory behind cpu in depth :biggrin:
I haven't done that :tongue: I'm completely new to Comp sci :tongue:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Oh my gosh darling, long time no see! :hugs: how's things?

Okay, thanks! I'm now a sixth former.... which is still pretty difficult to get my head around. :mmm:
How about you? :colone: Uni??

Haha, yay! :biggrin: I guess we could help each other out, right? :smile:

Of course, yes! That would be great. :biggrin:
Okay, thanks! I'm now a sixth former.... which is still pretty difficult to get my head around. :mmm:

Of course, yes! That would be great. :biggrin:
That would be awesome :h:

It's pretty amazing :tongue: how are you finding the workload?

I'll be going to Durham on 2nd October :eek2:
How have you all found your first week of Sixth Form? :excited:

Felt weird when staff and teachers started calling me "Mr. *my surname*", is like I immediately transformed into an adult.

I independently studied like 10 hours+ this week. It doesn't seem like an enjoyable thing to most students, but I like learning things then 'getting it'. It slowly changes the way I look at everything and the world. :biggrin:
Original post by ColossalAtom
Felt weird when staff and teachers started calling me "Mr. *my surname*", is like I immediately transformed into an adult.

I independently studied like 10 hours+ this week. It doesn't seem like an enjoyable thing to most students, but I like learning things then 'getting it'. It slowly changes the way I look at everything and the world. :biggrin:

Woah, never heard of teachers doing that before, how cool!

I know the feeling :five: you'll thank yourself for that so much in year 13
Woah, never heard of teachers doing that before, how cool!

I know the feeling :five: you'll thank yourself for that so much in year 13

I'm loving sixth form there's so much more independence and teachers view you differently and on par with them and not below them. The workload is fine I do my work as soon as I get it
Sixth forms been interesting so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
ikr, it was underwhelming for me.
Original post by homeland.lsw
ikr, it was underwhelming for me.

How did GCSEs go?
Why?