The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheYearNiner
- Introduce yourself
My name is Mr. L and i'm 16, one of the younger ones in my year. 25th August 2000 is my date of birth. I'll say no more.- What are your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy to do brazillian ju jitsu and boxing, I love that a lot.- What subjects are you planning to take?
I AM taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my AS I hate it- Your favourite subject(s)?
Maths of course- Your ideal future occupation?
Really want to become Dr. L by studying medicine

Eyy I'm one day older than you!!
Am I the only one who's already planning to do all-nighters due to the amount of work to do? It's horrible! My sociology and math teachers are shooting homework at us like from a machine gun... I already feel as if I am drowning x-) And it's only gonna get worse...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SabakuKyuu
Am I the only one who's already planning to do all-nighters due to the amount of work to do? It's horrible! My sociology and math teachers are shooting homework at us like from a machine gun... I already feel as if I am drowning x-) And it's only gonna get worse...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not the only one
Does anyone know how to do three brackets?
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
Does anyone know how to do three brackets?

What do you mean by 3 brackets?
Expanding?
If so then do the first 2 then do the last one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, my homework is gonna be like an exponential curve - more and more and more as time goes on.
Reply 886

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! Currently in a free period, and writing health and social care coursework! Got 3 other pieces of work for health, and 2 pieces for biology! None of which are small! Slowly giving up already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Introduce yourself
I'm Charlie!

What are your hobbies and interests?
Swing dancing and anything to do with politics and human rights.

What subjects are you taking?
English Lit, French, Geography, Classical Civilisations

Your favourite subject(s)?
Geography or Classics... I can't choose! I love all of my subjects, so I'm glad I chose well or I'd be regretting everything and probably wanting to drop out :biggrin:

Your ideal future occupation?
Not really sure... I want to work in the field of human rights and humanitarian aid, but I'm not sure whether I want to go through government or NGOs to do that.

Everyone seems to be complaining about a jump in difficulty or amount of work but I don't really see the difference.... Bit worried lmao
For the people who do classics, what exam board are you guys on?
Hi my name is Rohan,
I am studying maths, chemistry and biology #kill#me#now
I want to study something science related at uni but not sure what yet.
I enjoy beatboxing, football, tennis, cricket and skiing.
If anyones got any tips for getting through this year, then that would be great :smile:
Reply 890
Original post by RohanB23
Hi my name is Rohan,
I am studying maths, chemistry and biology #kill#me#now
I want to study something science related at uni but not sure what yet.
I enjoy beatboxing, football, tennis, cricket and skiing.
If anyones got any tips for getting through this year, then that would be great :smile:

My friend is taking the same subjects as you, and struggling! And she got A*'s in biology and chemistry, and A in maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not been active lately, so much work to do :frown:

So my targets are CCC but I hope to achieve BBB or better because I want to prove I can do it
Reply 892
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Not been active lately, so much work to do :frown:

So my targets are CCC but I hope to achieve BBB or better because I want to prove I can do it

Similar here. Predicted Distinction*, Distinction, D. I want 2 dist* and at least a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Similar here. Predicted Distinction*, Distinction, D. I want 2 dist* and at least a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! Hope you get it.
Reply 894
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Good luck! Hope you get it.

Thank you. You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 895
Been looking for this thread forever!

Hi my name is Bashiru Abubakar, aka Bash. I'm interested in technology, and my main hobbies include, graphic and web design. I achieved 9 a stars and an A at GCSE, the subjects which I have chosen are Economics, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I hope to work in finance in the future, perhaps banking. And yes of course it will be a delight to go to Oxford and study this course!

Edit

P.S. I also received my target grades a few days ago, which are 2 A stars and 2 A's 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
i'm also doing maths and fm on ocr mei, and we're doing C1, C2, FP1, D1, S1 and S2 this year, then FP2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and M3 next year. i have no idea what mechanics will be like (i'm guessing it'll start off with kinematics, which i don't mind) so doing three modules of it is daunting hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing further maths too:tongue: but I'm behind already because I changed from something else lol :biggrin: I do edexcel but all the same modules as you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a little late to the party but oh well :biggrin:

- Introduce yourself
Hey, I'm Hannah, I'm 16 and from the north west. I got 7A* and 3A at GCSE. I aspire to go to an Oxbridge university or maybe Edinburgh
- What are your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies mostly include playing video games (league of legends mostly)
- What subjects are you planning to take?
I took Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, and Geology
- Your favourite subject(s)?
I love all of them but currently geology is my favourite.
- Your ideal future occupation?
I'd enjoy doing something to do with natural sciences.
- Introduce yourself
Hi! I'm Lauren, 16 and currently just about surviving Year 12.
I love dancing, singing, youtube, writing, and stationary (I'm not even ashamed)
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I was also taking English Language but I decided to drop it and focus on my other 3 subjects.
Right now, I really can't decide. I've never done psychology before and I'm really enjoying it atm, and I love chemistry and biology as well...
I'd love to become a midwife, surgeon or a pathologist, however anything on the medical path would suit me fine at the minute!!

If anyone wants to talk about A Levels or just wants a new friend, then my snapchat is itslaurenx . Feel free to add me, I'd like to think I'm nice !!
Original post by itslaurenx
- Introduce yourself
Hi! I'm Lauren, 16 and currently just about surviving Year 12.
I love dancing, singing, youtube, writing, and stationary (I'm not even ashamed)
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I was also taking English Language but I decided to drop it and focus on my other 3 subjects.
Right now, I really can't decide. I've never done psychology before and I'm really enjoying it atm, and I love chemistry and biology as well...
I'd love to become a midwife, surgeon or a pathologist, however anything on the medical path would suit me fine at the minute!!

If anyone wants to talk about A Levels or just wants a new friend, then my snapchat is itslaurenx . Feel free to add me, I'd like to think I'm nice !!

Original post by Lokiana
I'm a little late to the party but oh well :biggrin:

- Introduce yourself
Hey, I'm Hannah, I'm 16 and from the north west. I got 7A* and 3A at GCSE. I aspire to go to an Oxbridge university or maybe Edinburgh
My hobbies mostly include playing video games (league of legends mostly)
I took Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, and Geology
I love all of them but currently geology is my favourite.
I'd enjoy doing something to do with natural sciences.

hi

- Introduce yourself
I'm Kevin, a 17 year old just moved from the Netherlands.
Mostly playing sports e.g. basketball, biking and football, reading and some other irrelevant stuff.
- What subjects are you taking?
Currently doing History, Government and Politics, English Language & Literature and Geography. Targeting for at least 2/3 A's at AS>
History obviously. The one and only true subject. In all seriousness, I have always loved history and reading about it and plan on studying it after A levels.
No idea! I will see where a History degree will lead me. I hope to get a place at a place like Edinburgh, Warwick or York, although it is going to be hard.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest