Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ritzy Nanda)
    I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m and for maths i took C1 C2 and M1 i got a low B in M1 and i got a high A in FP1, i dont understand which modules to take for yr13
    Perhaps S1, S2, S3 and FP2 (or FP3) ? Probably the easiest combination (avoid mechanics)

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I'm going to be self teaching myself these so i think i should avoid mechanics then haahah :-)

ReputationRep:
    I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m and for maths i took C1 C2 and M1 i got a low B in M1 and i got a high A in FP1, i dont understand which modules to take for yr13
    It doesn't quite work like that - only pure modules are 'tied' to maths/further maths. Applied modules could go in either-

For Maths you have to take C3 and C4 and need 2 applied modules to get six altogether.

For F Maths you need FP1 and FP2 or FP3 plus others to make six modules.

Look at sction B page 8 of
    https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...hs_Issue_3.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Omg thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Perhaps S1, S2, S3 and FP2 (or FP3) ? Probably the easiest combination (avoid mechanics)
    Hi Sean I required your help however I can't send you messages you privately because you have received too many. I will post it here please can you help me? I did not want to take OP's thread

Hello,I am planning on taking a gap year and it will involve a lot of maths. I was wondering if you could answer some of my queries. I got an A (1 mark off A* in Edexcel GCSE) and B in AQA further maths. In my OCR MEI AS i got a C in C1, B in S2 and D in C2. This year has been terrible for me and I hardly touched maths however I am considered gifted & talented by my teachers. I have got the same grades this year however I easily feel I can get 90 UMS+ in those AS units. I am currently considering resitting at Home, going college or going back to my school. I have always learnt stuff myself independently. The problem however lies with C3, C4 and M1. I sat in these classes this year and found it really hard. I found the jump from GCSE to AS less than AS to A2. While I feel I can understand concepts and learn them quickly I find it hard applying stuff like C2 logarithms to C3. I was thinking about switching from OCR MEI to Edexcel as the papers seem easier. I was planning on sitting C1,C2,C3,C4,S1 and S2. I enjoyed S1 and didn't even work for it and got a High B. I was thinking what do you think about this combination? How linked is S1 &S2? Would you recommend me sitting both? What exam board did you sit? Do you think all 6 of these units can be learnt by the new year?Sorry for all the questions just feeling really frustated and low at the moment. If you have time which I doubt could you also look at this thread?http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post67049868

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I'm going to be self teaching myself these so i think i should avoid mechanics then haahah :-)
    Hi did you self-teach yourself this year? How was it?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    Hi Sean I required your help however I can't send you messages you privately because you have received too many. I will post it here please can you help me? I did not want to take OP's thread

Hello,I am planning on taking a gap year and it will involve a lot of maths. I was wondering if you could answer some of my queries. I got an A (1 mark off A* in Edexcel GCSE) and B in AQA further maths. In my OCR MEI AS i got a C in C1, B in S2 and D in C2. This year has been terrible for me and I hardly touched maths however I am considered gifted & talented by my teachers. I have got the same grades this year however I easily feel I can get 90 UMS+ in those AS units. I am currently considering resitting at Home, going college or going back to my school. I have always learnt stuff myself independently. The problem however lies with C3, C4 and M1. I sat in these classes this year and found it really hard. I found the jump from GCSE to AS less than AS to A2. While I feel I can understand concepts and learn them quickly I find it hard applying stuff like C2 logarithms to C3. I was thinking about switching from OCR MEI to Edexcel as the papers seem easier. I was planning on sitting C1,C2,C3,C4,S1 and S2. I enjoyed S1 and didn't even work for it and got a High B. I was thinking what do you think about this combination? How linked is S1 &S2? Would you recommend me sitting both? What exam board did you sit? Do you think all 6 of these units can be learnt by the new year?Sorry for all the questions just feeling really frustated and low at the moment. If you have time which I doubt could you also look at this thread?http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post67049868
    OCR MEI is a very difficult exam board for Maths. I do not know about Non MEI.

Your combination and for Edexcel sounds good.

S1 and S2 are not really linked apart from one topic, they are both easy (with enough practicr ) in different ways as they do not follow on from eachother that much.

I do not know if you mean new year as in January, but if so it may be possible. You have 4 months and if you are not studying anything else it should be fine, if you finish a module every 2 weeks or so. Its all about practice as well so make sure you do enough.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    OCR MEI is a very difficult exam board for Maths. I do not know about Non MEI.

Your combination and for Edexcel sounds good.

S1 and S2 are not really linked apart from one topic, they are both easy (with enough practicr ) in different ways as they do not follow on from eachother that much.

I do not know if you mean new year as in January, but if so it may be possible. You have 4 months and if you are not studying anything else it should be fine, if you finish a module every 2 weeks or so. Its all about practice as well so make sure you do enough.

Good luck!

Thank you very much. Do you recommend sitting S1 and S2. I am looking to get A/B I have 74 UMS in S1

ReputationRep:
    It was okay, just remember to keep practicing past paper questions!

ReputationRep:
    How on earth did you get a good grade in FP1 but a B in M1?!

I guess you're left with little choice but to rack up the stats modules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    How on earth did you get a good grade in FP1 but a B in M1?!

I guess you're left with little choice but to rack up the stats modules!
    Imo mechanics is stupid. I would recommend S1,S2 ,D1, DE1 as all better modules than M1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.