Ritzy Nanda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ritzy Nanda)
I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m and for maths i took C1 C2 and M1 i got a low B in M1 and i got a high A in FP1, i dont understand which modules to take for yr13
Perhaps S1, S2, S3 and FP2 (or FP3) ? Probably the easiest combination (avoid mechanics)
Ritzy Nanda
Rep:
?
Cool, I'm going to be self teaching myself these so i think i should avoid mechanics then haahah :-)
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m and for maths i took C1 C2 and M1 i got a low B in M1 and i got a high A in FP1, i dont understand which modules to take for yr13
It doesn't quite work like that - only pure modules are 'tied' to maths/further maths. Applied modules could go in either-

For Maths you have to take C3 and C4 and need 2 applied modules to get six altogether.

For F Maths you need FP1 and FP2 or FP3 plus others to make six modules.

Look at sction B page 8 of
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...hs_Issue_3.pdf
Ritzy Nanda
Rep:
?
Omg thank you so much!!
EnterNamehereplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
Perhaps S1, S2, S3 and FP2 (or FP3) ? Probably the easiest combination (avoid mechanics)
Hi Sean I required your help however I can't send you messages you privately because you have received too many. I will post it here please can you help me? I did not want to take OP's thread

Hello,I am planning on taking a gap year and it will involve a lot of maths. I was wondering if you could answer some of my queries. I got an A (1 mark off A* in Edexcel GCSE) and B in AQA further maths. In my OCR MEI AS i got a C in C1, B in S2 and D in C2. This year has been terrible for me and I hardly touched maths however I am considered gifted & talented by my teachers. I have got the same grades this year however I easily feel I can get 90 UMS+ in those AS units. I am currently considering resitting at Home, going college or going back to my school. I have always learnt stuff myself independently. The problem however lies with C3, C4 and M1. I sat in these classes this year and found it really hard. I found the jump from GCSE to AS less than AS to A2. While I feel I can understand concepts and learn them quickly I find it hard applying stuff like C2 logarithms to C3. I was thinking about switching from OCR MEI to Edexcel as the papers seem easier. I was planning on sitting C1,C2,C3,C4,S1 and S2. I enjoyed S1 and didn't even work for it and got a High B. I was thinking what do you think about this combination? How linked is S1 &S2? Would you recommend me sitting both? What exam board did you sit? Do you think all 6 of these units can be learnt by the new year?Sorry for all the questions just feeling really frustated and low at the moment. If you have time which I doubt could you also look at this thread?http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post67049868
EnterNamehereplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cool, I'm going to be self teaching myself these so i think i should avoid mechanics then haahah :-)
Hi did you self-teach yourself this year? How was it?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
Hi Sean I required your help however I can't send you messages you privately because you have received too many. I will post it here please can you help me? I did not want to take OP's thread

Hello,I am planning on taking a gap year and it will involve a lot of maths. I was wondering if you could answer some of my queries. I got an A (1 mark off A* in Edexcel GCSE) and B in AQA further maths. In my OCR MEI AS i got a C in C1, B in S2 and D in C2. This year has been terrible for me and I hardly touched maths however I am considered gifted & talented by my teachers. I have got the same grades this year however I easily feel I can get 90 UMS+ in those AS units. I am currently considering resitting at Home, going college or going back to my school. I have always learnt stuff myself independently. The problem however lies with C3, C4 and M1. I sat in these classes this year and found it really hard. I found the jump from GCSE to AS less than AS to A2. While I feel I can understand concepts and learn them quickly I find it hard applying stuff like C2 logarithms to C3. I was thinking about switching from OCR MEI to Edexcel as the papers seem easier. I was planning on sitting C1,C2,C3,C4,S1 and S2. I enjoyed S1 and didn't even work for it and got a High B. I was thinking what do you think about this combination? How linked is S1 &S2? Would you recommend me sitting both? What exam board did you sit? Do you think all 6 of these units can be learnt by the new year?Sorry for all the questions just feeling really frustated and low at the moment. If you have time which I doubt could you also look at this thread?http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post67049868
OCR MEI is a very difficult exam board for Maths. I do not know about Non MEI.

Your combination and for Edexcel sounds good.

S1 and S2 are not really linked apart from one topic, they are both easy (with enough practicr ) in different ways as they do not follow on from eachother that much.

I do not know if you mean new year as in January, but if so it may be possible. You have 4 months and if you are not studying anything else it should be fine, if you finish a module every 2 weeks or so. Its all about practice as well so make sure you do enough.

Good luck!
EnterNamehereplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
OCR MEI is a very difficult exam board for Maths. I do not know about Non MEI.

Your combination and for Edexcel sounds good.

S1 and S2 are not really linked apart from one topic, they are both easy (with enough practicr ) in different ways as they do not follow on from eachother that much.

I do not know if you mean new year as in January, but if so it may be possible. You have 4 months and if you are not studying anything else it should be fine, if you finish a module every 2 weeks or so. Its all about practice as well so make sure you do enough.

Good luck!

Thank you very much. Do you recommend sitting S1 and S2. I am looking to get A/B I have 74 UMS in S1
Ritzy Nanda
Rep:
?
It was okay, just remember to keep practicing past paper questions!
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How on earth did you get a good grade in FP1 but a B in M1?!

I guess you're left with little choice but to rack up the stats modules!
EnterNamehereplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nexttime)
How on earth did you get a good grade in FP1 but a B in M1?!

I guess you're left with little choice but to rack up the stats modules!
Imo mechanics is stupid. I would recommend S1,S2 ,D1, DE1 as all better modules than M1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (135)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (30)
12%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.6%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.6%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.2%