Should I remark my B grade in A-level Business Studies? (AQA)

Watch
delta-T
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I got 72 (B) on BUSS3 and 86 (A) on BUSS4 at A2 on the aqa exams. My total UMS is 316.
I believe 320 is an A and 280 is a B. So I could drop 36 marks before I drop to a C if I get BUSS3 remarked - hoping this is very unlikely.
I need 4 UMS from the remark which costs £50 as its a 'priority remark'.
From anyone's experience or general opinions, do you reckon 4 UMS is realistic to get an A overall in Business Studies?
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by delta-T)
So I got 72 (B) on BUSS3 and 86 (A) on BUSS4 at A2 on the aqa exams. My total UMS is 316.
I believe 320 is an A and 280 is a B. So I could drop 36 marks before I drop to a C if I get BUSS3 remarked - hoping this is very unlikely.
I need 4 UMS from the remark which costs £50 as its a 'priority remark'.
From anyone's experience or general opinions, do you reckon 4 UMS is realistic to get an A overall in Business Studies?
It's definitely possible, but it's not probable. How desperately do you want to A grade?
delta-T
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Nirgilis)
It's definitely possible, but it's not probable. How desperately do you want to A grade?
Pretty bad. Got ABC which I'm very disappointed with. Maybe it's just me but AAC sounds so much better haha. I looked at the UMS convertor, and it comes out as 2 raw marks I believe.Also is there something new about how they are remarked this year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.99%
No (76)
20.88%
Not sure (66)
18.13%

Watched Threads