The Student Room Group

Help deciding on A levels for a media based career & Lit or Lang?

GCSE results are coming up soon, meaning the deadline for me to finalise my A Level options for Sixth Form is becoming progressively closer. (I do of course have a two week trial period.)

I want to go to a good Uni, but I don't know exactly what I want to study. I do aspire to go in to a media based career, whether this is advertising, marketing or some form of publication (magazine articles etc.) I'm really not sure due to the vast options.
I consider myself a very creative thinker, and quite an artistic person. I am interested in the more creative side of advertising and promotion, whether it be thinking of new ideas, designing them etc. I also am interested in journalism, social media and writing in general.

I'm currently down for A Level English Literature & Language, Media and History.

My strongest subjects are English and Media - these are certainties for me. History however, is simply filling a gap. I did want to study history, although over the course of summer I'm starting to opt against doing it, as I feel it's a subject that you need a passion for and I dread studying it. Due to option blocks, I'm limited to what I can really do. It’s really down to Business, Maths (not my strongest subject), Photography and History,

English Lit and Lang clashes with business, maths and photography, meaning I either split it or do history. Otherwise, I must choose between the two English subjects and do one of them on their own, although I really don't know the content in each subject.
I absolutely love creative writing, and a break from analysis so if either Literature or Language contains a lot of writing articles, stories etc. I would probably lean towards that.

I hope I haven’t been too vague in this post. My three main questions are as follows:

*Which uni degree would be best for me?
* Which of Business, Maths, History and Photography would be best for me?
* English Literature or English Langauge?

Apologies for the length of this post, and the lack of direction, I just can't make decisions!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest