Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    LSE is my dream university. My AS grades took me by surprise - I'm aware they're quite low for a uni like LSE but I was under the impression that as long as I am predicted the grades of a typical offer, along side an amazing personal statement (which I'm hoping to have), I stand a fair chance of recieving an offer? Am I right to think this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elleinterrupted)
    LSE is my dream university. My AS grades took me by surprise - I'm aware they're quite low for a uni like LSE but I was under the impression that as long as I am predicted the grades of a typical offer, along side an amazing personal statement (which I'm hoping to have), I stand a fair chance of recieving an offer? Am I right to think this?
    omg i was in the exact same position as you last year. listen, if you can get the predicted grades they're looking for, then go for it. you will need a SMASHING ps.

basically i got BBCC, was gutted, applied and was rejected bc i only had ABB preds for a joint econ & econ h AAB course. they literally told me my PS was great, they just CANNOT make offers to people with lower pred.

now, i've got AAA results and i'm actually in my own predicament of: gap year and reapply there? or do a different course that i will enjoy yes, but it's not my dream? i have absolutely no idea tbh so you need to know what you want now. it is SO possible to get there, but this year, next year, who knows??? that's why you need to get talking to those teachers from DAY ONE. I was predicted a B for chem over ONE UMS point. ONE. so just bear that in mind. do whatever remarks you need to do, but at the end of the day it's your real grades at the end of A2 that matter. you will need to WORK HARD ok? then the options are in your hands... like me, except i have no idea what to do

ReputationRep:
    just to update this, i think i'm gonna take that gap year and reapply
    wish me luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minjinoor)
    omg i was in the exact same position as you last year. listen, if you can get the predicted grades they're looking for, then go for it. you will need a SMASHING ps.

basically i got BBCC, was gutted, applied and was rejected bc i only had ABB preds for a joint econ & econ h AAB course. they literally told me my PS was great, they just CANNOT make offers to people with lower pred.

now, i've got AAA results and i'm actually in my own predicament of: gap year and reapply there? or do a different course that i will enjoy yes, but it's not my dream? i have absolutely no idea tbh so you need to know what you want now. it is SO possible to get there, but this year, next year, who knows??? that's why you need to get talking to those teachers from DAY ONE. I was predicted a B for chem over ONE UMS point. ONE. so just bear that in mind. do whatever remarks you need to do, but at the end of the day it's your real grades at the end of A2 that matter. you will need to WORK HARD ok? then the options are in your hands... like me, except i have no idea what to do
    Omg thank you so much for this. Given me a lot of hope! And thanks for the heads up on the predicted grades situation - I must make that in sure the C subject I am still predicted an A.

Sounds like LSE were super impressed with everything but your predicted grades, I reckon you should take a gap year and reapply.

The very best of luck and thanks again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elleinterrupted)
    You're exactly right to think that, just make sure your work experience is good, and you ace the interview (if they offer one)!*

all the best! *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gav107)
    You're exactly right to think that, just make sure your work experience is good, and you ace the interview (if they offer one)!*

all the best! *
    Thank you very much!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.