Best way to improve spanish understandingWatch
So I was thinking of more entertaining ways of improving my spanish. I've thought about watching english movies/programs with spanish subtitles or watching spanish programmes with english subtitles. Are either of these methods effective and is one more effective than the other?
Spanish with English subtitles is good if your Spanish is pretty basic.
But the most effective method with films is to watch them in Spanish with Spanish subtitles! Seeing the written words at the same time as the spoken words does wonders for comprehension.
I assume when you say 'understanding' you want to improve your understanding of the listening part of the language right? If so:
- As said before, watch Spanish films w/ subtitles
- Do the same for TV shows
- Listen to Spanish songs and read along with the lyrics.
- Can listen to audio and see transcripts (read along) here: https://rhinospike.com/language/spa/transcriptions/
- Can find Spanish podcasts (some w/ transcripts) and do the same thing.
- You could find Spanish listening tests from various exam sites (w/ a transcript sometimes) and do the same thing + answer qs.
If you want to challenge yourself don't juist read the transcripts straight away, instead try and understand and transcribe what's being said, then double check after.