username2775168
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I will be taking Music, Drama and ICT (and might be repeating English again) in September. I like to plan things beforehand and was wondering what would be the average amount of time that I should spend on each subject. Especially since my chosen subjects are really coursework and practical based. I will change anything that I have difficulty I just need a basic idea at the moment.

I spent a year doing a B Tech and because I was only doing one subject (that and I repeated English) I used all my study periods to do my homework (B Tech ICT is all coursework). So I will have to get back into a habit to doing homework.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Squishy Pixelz)
I will be taking Music, Drama and ICT (and might be repeating English again) in September. I like to plan things beforehand and was wondering what would be the average amount of time that I should spend on each subject. Especially since my chosen subjects are really coursework and practical based. I will change anything that I have difficulty I just need a basic idea at the moment.

I spent a year doing a B Tech and because I was only doing one subject (that and I repeated English) I used all my study periods to do my homework (B Tech ICT is all coursework). So I will have to get back into a habit to doing homework.
Honestly, for me there is no 'x hours will get you y result' or 'you must work for x minutes between y and z'. My timetable is very rough - I have hours that I work between and take breaks, but spend more or less time each day depending on how much work needs to be done. Plus as well, the work you do in 1 hour could be different to someone else's 1 hour - someone could do more, someone else could do less. I would suggest trying to do some work and seeing what your needs are before making a timetable that may or may not work.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aren't you rehearsing a lot for your Music and Drama practicals? In particular I can't see how Drama can be rehearsed by oneself
According to Pete
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Squishy Pixelz)

Hey

Why not look at TSR's study planner tool, hopefully that will help:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (26)
5.68%
Uncertainty around my education (52)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (55)
12.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (61)
13.32%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (24)
5.24%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (20)
4.37%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (46)
10.04%
Financial worries (28)
6.11%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (19)
4.15%
Exposure to negative news/social media (30)
6.55%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
3.06%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (45)
9.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (38)
8.3%

Watched Threads