The Student Room Group

Not sure if I should go uni or take a gap year?

So I was wondering if you guys could help me by giving your opinion. Basically, I have no idea if i should go uni or should i take a gap year.

The course that i picked, it seems fun and enjoyable and so far i like the teachers and some students that i met on taster day.

But my dream is to have my own fashion and clothing line. I wanna take a gap year, work, save up and then try to start my own clothing line.

The reason why i dont wanna go is because i doubt ill enjoy uni and i would rather spend my time and effort on my dream than uni.

I dont know, what do you guys think???
Reply 1
What course did you pick? Will it help you or contribute towards you making your dream of starting a clothing line success?

This is what I'd do. Feel free to rubbish it.

Go to Uni. A close uni. Live at home. Get the full maintenance loan assuming that your household income is low enough. You'd get just under £7k.

You've got some money to work with to create this fashion line in your SPARE time. Concentrate at uni. Do well in your course.

You also have access to a student bank account if you require additional funds in the form of an overdraft.

Whilst at Uni, you're around loads of people. Use these people to research your fashion line. To launch your fashion line. To promote your fashion line to.

This way you are doing your dream in your spare time. With the funds required to do this. The degree is helping to introduce you to people and market your line and get it known. Depending on your degree subject, you could be learning things to help you. And you come out of it with a degree at the end as well. Win Win.

If your fashion line amounts to nothing, at least you've got a degree to fall back on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending