Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically my PS1 recently broke down, so I decided to buy a PS3 (since it is fairly cheap and it plays all my PS1 games). Already I love my PS3 (wireless controller! No memory card swapping! Literally no static! And all these Apps!), and I'd love to get some PS3 games for it, but I don't know which games to get, I feel like I've been out of touch with videogames since forever.

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent PS3 games?

ReputationRep:
    A non-exhaustive list of PS3 exclusive games worth playing (IMO):

Ratchet and Clank series
    Sly Cooper Games
    The Last of Us
    Uncharted
    Metal Gear (entire series)
    Infamous
    Resistance/Killzone
    Ico/Shadow of the Colossus
    Heavy Rain
    God of War
    Journey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    A non-exhaustive list of PS3 exclusive games worth playing (IMO):

Ratchet and Clank series
    Sly Cooper Games
    The Last of Us
    Uncharted
    Metal Gear (entire series)
    Infamous
    Resistance/Killzone
    Ico/Shadow of the Colossus
    Heavy Rain
    God of War
    Journey
    Forget those games, get rayman legends. Also lego batman 3 and lego marvel superheroes. Great games, and kid friendly too. Also Grand theft auto 5 is a good one, and elder scrolls skyrim if you want to say good bye to your free time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Forget those games, get rayman legends. Also lego batman 3 and lego marvel superheroes. Great games, and kid friendly too. Also Grand theft auto 5 is a good one, and elder scrolls skyrim if you want to say good bye to your free time!
    That list was pretty solid lmao

ReputationRep:
    To add to what Fango said, here's some more:

Red Dead Redemption
    Batman Arkham City
    Assassin's Creed II (or the series if you like but you could skip the first one if you want)

You could also try Mirror's Edge (not the new one, the one back in 2008) - although I will say that game is particularly challenging for most people. Not as good as the other titles here, but it will definitely provide a unique experience.

Obviously it's subjective for everyone but these games (also including Fango's list) are generally renowned for being fantastic PS3 games. I would throw in a racing game but there aren't too many that are considered amazing or anything. Sorry to hear about your PS1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeskeyLAD)
    That list was pretty solid lmao
    The only one i have played is shadow of the collossus, and it was fun until the novelty wore off. And I got stuck on the third beast.

I like playing big games, which i can complete, which i have with each of the games i mentioned, with the exception of the lego games, which i'm sure i would if i spent some more time at them however! thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    The only one i have played is shadow of the collossus, and it was fun until the novelty wore off. And I got stuck on the third beast.

I like playing big games, which i can complete, which i have with each of the games i mentioned, with the exception of the lego games, which i'm sure i would if i spent some more time at them however! thanks again.
    Fair enough. I've played the majority of those games Fango listed hence my slight bias. You should try a few of those games when you have spare time but at the end of the day it's all about preference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeskeyLAD)
    Fair enough. I've played the majority of those games Fango listed hence my slight bias. You should try a few of those games when you have spare time but at the end of the day it's all about preference
    They do look like good games, and i would quite like to play them, but i think i have enough on my hands with my xbone, and all of the games i keep on getting for this, which i haven't even played!

ReputationRep:
    Get good scrub?

ReputationRep:
    Plastation3 starter pack

Assassin's Creed
    GTA IV
    Battlefield
    Red Dead Redemption
    God of War

ReputationRep:
    But seriously, your PS1 recently broke down, so you decided to buy a PS3?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend Demon's Souls.
    It's a bit of a challenge but it's great fun.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what your likes and dislikes are so I don't know. Other than obvious ones like Naughty Dog games (Last of Us, Uncharted etc.), there's the Yakuza series, Metal Gear games, or we could go really obscure and say something like Starhawk.

ReputationRep:
    get a PS4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpShock)
    So basically my PS1 recently broke down, so I decided to buy a PS3 (since it is fairly cheap and it plays all my PS1 games). Already I love my PS3 (wireless controller! No memory card swapping! Literally no static! And all these Apps!), and I'd love to get some PS3 games for it, but I don't know which games to get, I feel like I've been out of touch with videogames since forever.

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent PS3 games?
    If you're not a noob, I'd recommend getting Catherine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.