Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A2 finisher here

-I have conditional offer from Imperial for Computer Science undergraduate(3 years)
    -A2 results were released yesterday and I didn't make it
    -The requirements are A* for Maths, A for Further Maths, A for Physics and Grade 2 in STEP I.
    -I got A* for Maths, A* for Further Maths, B for Physics and Grade 1 in STEP I.
    -So as you can see two of my subjects are above requirements while one is below the requirement.

-My total UMS in Physics is 472, 8 marks away from A.
    -And because of the B in Physics, neither Imperial nor Warwick(which is my insurance choice) accepts me.

-So now, instead of Clearing, I am thinking about taking a one-year A-Level(which is, apparantly taking two years' A-Level in one year) and apply for Imperial again.

-(Already asked for remarks and waiting for the results.)

-So my question is that, does anyone think this is a good idea? And will Imperial accept second-time applicants? Will I be at a significant disadvantage here? Are there anyone with similar situation?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I don't think being a re-applicant puts you at a disadvantage but what is your one year A level in? Are you retaking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    I don't think being a re-applicant puts you at a disadvantage but what is your one year A level in? Are you retaking?
    My college (Bellerbys College Brighton) offers One-Year A-Level which is essentially two-year A-Level, except you squezze everything into one year.

And since I've just finished A2(of the "regular two-year A-Level"), I supposed it is probably a form of retaking...

But anyway, do you think maybe the bar will be higher, or that the A-Level grade requirements I receive(that is, if I receive a conditional offer again) will be higher? Because obviously when Imperial goes over my UCAS application, they will be able to see that I've already finished A-Level once...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    If you're essentially retaking then you should be fine.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.