Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Initially I was going to take a gap year and apply to medicine for 2017 entry. However I didn't achieved the grades, therefore I haven't submitted an application through ucas. Is it possible to send an application which they will provide me with a clearing number and apply to a course for 2016 entry? Also will I be able to apply for student support/ loan and will I receive it my September?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    First off getting a medicine place through clearing is highly unlikely. Second, if you haven't got the grades what are you planning to apply for?

(Original post by PQ)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by pkg7)
    Initially I was going to take a gap year and apply to medicine for 2017 entry. However I didn't achieved the grades, therefore I haven't submitted an application through ucas. Is it possible to send an application which they will provide me with a clearing number and apply to a course for 2016 entry? Also will I be able to apply for student support/ loan and will I receive it my September?
    Yes you can apply now - call universities this morning and explain your situation - they'll generally ask you to apply through UCAS to get a clearing number. (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...s-use-clearing explains the process)
    You'll need a PS and a reference to apply.

In some cases universities might be willing to take you with a direct application if you don't have a UCAS application yet. This is uncommon but possible (and more likely if you're not from the UK).

Also start sorting out your finance application ASAP http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...tudent-Finance
    You'll need to send off your ID (passport preferably) and if you're applying for the extra loan for low income households then you'll need P60s for your parents for 2014/15 tax year. SFE will do what they can to get things sorted ASAP but there is a chance you could be left with no loan for the first term - often you'll be able to use an overdraft and hardship funds and a supportive university to cover that period.

Is there a reason that you've decided not to take a gap year? It seems like you're rushing into a decision based on your grades - it might be better to stick with the gap year even if you're not applying for medicine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.