Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I need some realistic advice rn.So I only started doing Chemistry in Late December / January and I took the AS to check how I was in IGCSES I got an A* but for my AS exam I got an E. What should I do ? My school was really doubtful about me doing it but I was so determined and I thought I worked really hard. Also I got a 69 in Maths and want to do remarks as well as 69 in Politics and want to do a remark as well thoughts on that ?I plan on working even harder this year as I realized I didn't use my teachers as well as I should and I was rather over confident.
    These grades were a huge surprise to me as well.
    I usually do rather well in school and was predicted As and Bs so I feel my school can argue out my case and even though I know they're different my IGCSES were very good.Thoughts ? Best ? Worst ?

IG grades were:
    A* - Chem Eng Drama
    A - Bio Math
    B- Phy French Global Perspectives Literature

ReputationRep:
    You will find it very hard next year.I recommend trying your best for next year and clear as many modules as possible. Going to university next year with grades AAB will be hard usually people who BBE your just 1 UMS off the B's get BBC which is quite decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    You will find it very hard next year.I recommend trying your best for next year and clear as many modules as possible. Going to university next year with grades AAB will be hard usually people who BBE your just 1 UMS off the B's get BBC which is quite decent
    Thank you ! I'm thinking of just defering my entry because none of the good uni's will take me ? But I do plan on working very hard and get good A Level results ! Chem is Linear so this result doesn't affect my overall and I hope to do well enough in my mocks to change my predicted grades before I have to apply. Do you think it would help if they argue my case because I just recently came to the UK and was in another country before this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.