Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! I am Christina from Cyprus, moving this September to London, UK for my postgraduate studies. I have a question regarding my application for a postgraduate loan. I am on the stage where my declaration form was sent and received and I only need to submit my national insurance number and bank details. Since I am a newcomer, I do not have a bank account neither a national insurance number because I don't work in the UK. How can I reply to this requests in order for my application to be proceeded and get the funding on time (meaning when I need to pay my uni)? I am arrivingon the 9th of September and will arrange to create a bank account within the following days and then inform SFE. How much time is needed to have the grant? Also, what happens with the part of national insurance as I am not an employee and do not consider to work in the UK?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by tinaio)
    Hello there! I am Christina from Cyprus, moving this September to London, UK for my postgraduate studies. I have a question regarding my application for a postgraduate loan. I am on the stage where my declaration form was sent and received and I only need to submit my national insurance number and bank details. Since I am a newcomer, I do not have a bank account neither a national insurance number because I don't work in the UK. How can I reply to this requests in order for my application to be proceeded and get the funding on time (meaning when I need to pay my uni)? I am arrivingon the 9th of September and will arrange to create a bank account within the following days and then inform SFE. How much time is needed to have the grant? Also, what happens with the part of national insurance as I am not an employee and do not consider to work in the UK?
    You won't get that info on this forum (not accurately anyway)

Please phone the postgraduate loans line on 0300 100 0031 - I'm unsure how it will affect you as you will be classed as an EU student not an SFE student

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your response

(Original post by murpo)
    You won't get that info on this forum (not accurately anyway)

Please phone the postgraduate loans line on 0300 100 0031 - I'm unsure how it will affect you as you will be classed as an EU student not an SFE student

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.