Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I got AS results: geog - A, maths - A, biology - B, Chem C. Chem result was very disappointing. Exams were affected by extenuating circumstances due to house fire in revision period and lots of migraine illness in exam period (missed some exams). My school missed the deadline for extenuating circumstances, annoying, huh? Is there anything I can do to make unis aware / increase my grades? I remember some kind of form. It sounded like CCSS for people with dyslexia or who go to a bad school. Can anyone tell me where to find that?

    Please help, thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    The extenuating circumstances form to which you prefer has to be submitted prior to taking the exam. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances :sad:.
    If your college are aware of your circumstances perhaps they may be willing to predict higher grades? Make sure they are included in your reference.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.