Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happens if my grades aren't good enough for my college? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer from my local college/sixth-form, and my GPA was 7.0...

However, now that I'm thinking about it, I think I may have botched up a few of my subjects... So what the hell do I do on the 25th when I haven't reached the minimum GPA of 6.6?

I think some teachers may have been expecting too much from me, and maybe I got a bit too cocky and over-confident? I'm really terrified about my future, any advise would be really helpful...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! Usually, colleges and schools have days after results day where you go and discuss results and courses. If your results don't come back as you wanted, your college/sixth-form will usually discuss other options that are similar or if your grades aren't too bad for your course. Check the website to your college to see if they have enrollment days, I checked mine and they do. They usually discuss all this, they don't just leave you in the dark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer_Refresh)
    I got a conditional offer from my local college/sixth-form, and my GPA was 7.0...

However, now that I'm thinking about it, I think I may have botched up a few of my subjects... So what the hell do I do on the 25th when I haven't reached the minimum GPA of 6.6?

I think some teachers may have been expecting too much from me, and maybe I got a bit too cocky and over-confident? I'm really terrified about my future, any advise would be really helpful...
    Some colleges will just let you in anyway, given you've got at least a B in whatever you want to do (if you're doing a levels). You'll have to retake maths and English if you've failed, but if your college rejects you for your grades you'll probably have to go elsewhere and enroll on results day that has a lower entry requirement. Didn't you apply for any other colleges? I applied for 4 so if I don't get into my chosen one I have 3 offers to fall back on

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much about it. Colleges even tend to accept students who didn't exactly meet the entry requirements. Many people who I know didn't meet entry requirements for their chosen university yesterday but they still got accepted

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.