EleanorD10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I got my AS grades yesterday and got an A in biology and a B in maths (I didn't take the AS in Chemistry due to the new A levels but am predicted an A at A level). Will I still be able to apply for medicine with these grades? Would universities accept me if I resat AS maths?

Thanks!
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As long as you have AAA predictions, you stand as good a chance as any. Good luck.
JayAhm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes your grades are fine and that's not a problem. Resitting within the two years of doing A-levels is not a problem.

The most important thing is that the school predicts you AAA for your UCAS form which they should have no problem doing with your AS grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DELETED ACCOUNT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes
te.lope
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JayAhm)
Yes your grades are fine and that's not a problem. Resitting within the two years of doing A-levels is not a problem.

The most important thing is that the school predicts you AAA for your UCAS form which they should have no problem doing with your AS grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what if you got a C in maths?
JayAhm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by te.lope)
what if you got a C in maths?
At AS? As long as you're predicted an A on your UCAS form, shouldn't be a problem.

Some med school may look at AS grades but the majority will be concentrating on your predicted grades. Still worth double checking with the ones you want to apply to though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No - I have already returned home (22)
13.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.42%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.85%

Watched Threads