Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya folks.

My country and school are weird. AS Latin is the highest level of Latin we can do under the alevel system. A2 isn't offered by my exam board. And we don't sit it in year 12 either. We do IGCSE Latin in year 12 instead, and AS in year 13.

With that in mind, would UCAS n' stuff still let me apply for "Classics I" (the Oxford course with just Latin) even though I'm putting only AS Latin on my subject lists, given that A2 is supposed to be a prerequisite for that course? And then, if my application did make it to the desk of Oxford's admissions people, would it be chucked in the bin anyway because of the AS bit or still considered? I won't even be applying with an AS Latin grade under my belt, because we do it in year 13.

In case nobody knows here how to answer this question, who d'ya think I should I be emailing/pm-ing to solve this little issue of mine.

ty for any advice

PS Our AS exam makes up for being just an AS exam taken in year 13 by being a bit harder than the AS equivalent done in the UK. But its still not as hard as Pre-U Latin or OCR's A2 Latin, I think. So applying for Classics II would be a bit of a pain, because id already know a lot of latin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fedoratipbot)
    x
    I would recommend emailing one of the Academic Administrative Staff listed here and see what they would advise for somebody in your position.

ReputationRep:
    righty-ho, thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.