Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I just wanted to hear any opinions on two foundations I am looking to try. I have Normal/Dry skin and I suffer from uneven skin tone and lack of radiance, unfortunately.

At the moment I am using the YSL Touché Eclat foundation which is lovely, but I recently heard about how amazing the Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation is. Has anyone here tried it? What is it like? I generally prefer light, radiant and dewy foundations but I'm willing to give it a try if it doesn't look like it will break me out.

Other than that, I really want NARS Sheer Glow too, but apparently the name is misleading lol and it is not a sheer coverage foundation which gives a glowy finish, which is kinda dissapointing, but almost everyone uses it and it doesn't look bad. As long as it's not too thick or heavy, I guess it will be fine.

So has anyone tried and tested any of these two? Or are there foundations out there that will suit my skin better? I appreciate any help!

ReputationRep:
    Ive tried all 3 of those foundations - i much prefer the nars sheer glow over the magic foundation (didn't get on with it at all). But yes, Nars sheer glow isn't sheer or particularly glowy. Its a medium coverage with a satiny finish, however if applied with a stippling brush/sponge it looks more fresh. The lasting power and coverage is also better than the YSL touch éclat, however I prefer the finish and hydration of the YSL. I stopped using the Nars one because it would sometimes cling to dry patches on my nose as my skin is quite dry, whereas the YSL never does that.

My go-to radiant, light, dewy, and VERY long lasting foundation is the mac face and body. It is water resistant so the lasting power is awesome. It is extremely dewy, but once its set it goes tacky and doesn't move. It doesn't have the same coverage as other foundations, but if you use concealer where needed it shouldn't be an issue.

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natashadesigner)
    Ive tried all 3 of those foundations - i much prefer the nars sheer glow over the magic foundation (didn't get on with it at all). But yes, Nars sheer glow isn't sheer or particularly glowy. Its a medium coverage with a satiny finish, however if applied with a stippling brush/sponge it looks more fresh. The lasting power and coverage is also better than the YSL touch éclat, however I prefer the finish and hydration of the YSL. I stopped using the Nars one because it would sometimes cling to dry patches on my nose as my skin is quite dry, whereas the YSL never does that.

My go-to radiant, light, dewy, and VERY long lasting foundation is the mac face and body. It is water resistant so the lasting power is awesome. It is extremely dewy, but once its set it goes tacky and doesn't move. It doesn't have the same coverage as other foundations, but if you use concealer where needed it shouldn't be an issue.

hope this helps
    Thank you so much! Wow, I didn't know that about the MAC Face&Body, I assumed that it would be too thick and heavy! I'll definitely check it out, and if not, I'll go for the Sheer Glow one! Thanks!

And I agree, the finish and radiance of the YSL foundation is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mari13)
    Thank you so much! Wow, I didn't know that about the MAC Face&Body, I assumed that it would be too thick and heavy! I'll definitely check it out, and if not, I'll go for the Sheer Glow one! Thanks!

And I agree, the finish and radiance of the YSL foundation is amazing!

No problem!! Its the opposite of thick and heavy, its undetectable and so lightweight! Its fool-proof, doesn't separate or go all funky if you sweat, get your face wet, plus no spf so perfect for photography too
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mari13)
    Silliness
    A foundation degree is far better than any of those mentioned above.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.