Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got ABCC in english, maths, chemistry and biology respectively, i dont even knowif theyre good or bad, im having a really bad time as of yesterday, and dont know if i should apply to med unis, but im very determined to get into medicine, please tell me what should i do?

i am dropping english, but will be carrying on maths, chem and bio, the prediction are defo ABB but my teachers said that they will try to push it up to AAA?
    now you know my situation, please advice me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papajani1234)
    I got ABCC in english, maths, chemistry and biology respectively, i dont even knowif theyre good or bad, im having a really bad time as of yesterday, and dont know if i should apply to med unis, but im very determined to get into medicine, please tell me what should i do?

i am dropping english, but will be carrying on maths, chem and bio, the prediction are defo ABB but my teachers said that they will try to push it up to AAA?
    now you know my situation, please advice me...
    If you want to apply to medicine, you will need to be predicted AAA. If this isn't possible, then you'll need to achieve AAA at A2 and apply on a gap year.

Also - maths isn't a must for medicine. You seem to be better at English than Maths so have a think about which one is more likely to help you get AAA at A2.

Whatever you do, just remember that you need to give yourself the best shot at achieving AAA at A2. By all means, do subjects that you enjoy but just remember that ultimately, you want to do medicine and you need AAA for it. Play to your strengths.

ReputationRep:
    You need a prediction for AAA so you may have to wait and see if you achieve AAA before applying next year. If you are going to be predicted AAA and are worrying about your AS grades this link might help as to what universities consider AS https://www.themedicportal.com/medic...ls-2017-entry/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.