Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to make a post A-level application for medicine at Cambridge,but I only realised that I really wanted to apply there after my AS-levels . My UMS isn't too good and I'm considering taking a gap year because I think I have a better chance of applying with my A2s.

1. Does Cambridge care about your AS UMS as much if applying with your A2s, so they only take the most recent modules into consideration?

2. What if there were extenuating circumstances in my AS year?

3. If I get a high UMS for my A2 modules, will that override my not-so-good AS UMS marks, because A2 modules are harder and I will still be able to achieve an A*?

4. What are the attitudes to resting AS modules for a higher UMS rather than to improve your AS grade?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.