Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone have santander 123 student account? need advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm thinking about opening a santander 123 student current account but I have a few questions which I can't find the answer to.
    1. It says I have to pay in at least £500 each academic term but what length of time defined as an academic term?
    2. Is the £500 payment in gross or net, e.g. does the net amount of money in the account have to increase by £500 each term or can i withdraw £500 one day and pay it in the next?

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrFantastisch)
    Hi, i'm thinking about opening a santander 123 student current account but I have a few questions which I can't find the answer to.
    1. It says I have to pay in at least £500 each academic term but what length of time defined as an academic term?
    2. Is the £500 payment in gross or net, e.g. does the net amount of money in the account have to increase by £500 each term or can i withdraw £500 one day and pay it in the next?

Thanks for any help
    Academic term is a semester I believe?

As for the payments, you just have to put £500 into it, once it's in you can transfer that money a day later if you want.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MrFantastisch)
    Thanks for any help
    1. Not entirely sure about this to be honest, sorry. It probably says it in the smallprint somewhere.
    2. Pretty sure it's gross.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I have sorted it all out now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.