Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can I use A level Biology, ICT, Computing and Maths to do medicine in university?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by KingSol4real7)
    Can I use A level Biology, ICT, Computing and Maths to do medicine in university?
    For a lot of universities, they would require biology and chemistry at A Level, plus one other which can any subject of your choice. So you'll have to play around with your choice in subjects as just biology won't be enough.

ReputationRep:
    You can but you'd be very limited with the amount of uni's you'd be eligible applying to.

Chemistry is pretty much a requirement for the majority of med schools so to give yourself the best chance, you should do chemistry. Check out the table below:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...el-requirement

ReputationRep:
    It is possible but yeah you would be greatly limiting your options. I'd say your best bet with those subjects is to apply to Medicine courses aimed at those for non-science backgrounds. From my understanding, there are usually fewer places on these courses thus competition may be greater than standard medicine courses.

These are a few I myself came across when I was looking to apply to medicine with a foundation year. If they interest you I suggest you search google or UCAS for similar courses as there may be a few more to choose from.

University of Manchester
    Keele Univeristy
    Univeristy of Sheffield
    Cardiff University

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAhm)
    You can but you'd be very limited with the amount of uni's you'd be eligible applying to.

Chemistry is pretty much a requirement for the majority of med schools so to give yourself the best chance, you should do chemistry. Check out the table below:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...el-requirement
    if I get a good tutor for chemistry I can do it rather than maths and my first dream job is a pilot or an astronaut can I use these course for it

ReputationRep:
    Swap ICT for Chemistry and you'll have a solid selection of A Levels

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MrDystopia;67056242]For a lot of universities, they would require biology and chemistry at A Level, plus one other which can any subject of your choice. So you'll have to play around with your choice in subjects as just biology won't be enough.[/QUO

I will drop maths then for chemistry I will only do better if I get a good tutor and a extra support

ReputationRep:
    if I get a good tutor for chemistry I can do it rather than maths and my first dream job is a pilot or an astronaut can I use these course for it
    Sorry, I can't help you with the requirements with regards to being a pilot or astronaut. I can just about get my head around medicine entry requirements :P

I think, before you do anything or make any decisions, you need to take some time to think about what it is you want to do. Look into the careers which interest you. Learn more about them. Shadow. Work experience. There's no harm in taking a year out to help get your thoughts in order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAhm)
    Sorry, I can't help you with the requirements with regards to being a pilot or astronaut. I can just about get my head around medicine entry requirements :P

I think, before you do anything or make any decisions, you need to take some time to think about what it is you want to do. Look into the careers which interest you. Learn more about them. Shadow. Work experience. There's no harm in taking a year out to help get your thoughts in order.
    Absolutely this. Hedging your bets between two very competitive career paths is most likely to get you neither. You need to pick which way you want to go then put everything into it.

ReputationRep:
    HEY ,i want to ask if I apply this year to universities but dont get an offer ,can i apply next year to the same universities with my achieved A level grades?thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.