The Student Room Group

?.???????
(edited 6 years ago)
From what I know if your applying for 2017 entry universities generally focus on predicted grades except from a select few. I would say to talk to your teacher about your predicted grades (especially if there is a reason you have gotten these results) and to concentrate on the other aspects of your application such as BMAT/UKCAT as these form a large part of it.
If you're dead set on doing medicine, I'd say apply for Biomed or other related streams first and then apply for Graduate Entry Medicine.
Reply 3
You can drop physics with a C and apply after a gap year with achieved A-levels of AAA. Most important thing is to achieve AAA at A2.

You're unlikely to be predicted AAA so instead of concentrating on a UCAS form/UKCAT/BMAT/Interviews, concentrate on getting AAA so you can apply to med school!
Reply 4
Original post by Eternalflames
If you're dead set on doing medicine, I'd say apply for Biomed or other related streams first and then apply for Graduate Entry Medicine.

Only do this if you don't achieve AAA at A2.

If you get AAA at A2, you're better off taking a gap year and applying to med
Try and get AAA, you definitely do not need physics and do not do it since you will have a lot of retakes to do. If you achieve AAA or better, then apply for medicine in a gap year. If you dont get AAA, you could still take a gap year and retake, but only do this if you are really close to getting AAA (e.g. AAB) as although some med schools accept retakes outside of the 2 years, not that many do.

If this doesnt work and you are still set on medicine... Then take a course such as biomed and apply for grad medicine. This should however be a last resort, it is highly competitive (more so than regular medicine some say), you have to fund some of the course yourself and it is reliant on you achieving at least a 2.1 in your undergraduate course.

Either way, good luck and well done on your results.
Original post by JayAhm

That is the ideal option but it will be very hard for them to make that jump from C/D grades to A grades.

If that's what you want OP, you better start working your butt off from NOW!
Reply 7
Original post by JayAhm

Thank you for your advice i'm definitely going to drop physics and take a gap year! :smile:
i am in the same situation as you,I got DDD in maths bio and chem,I also got an A in spanish i have never got such bad grades in life,i had really good gcses as well,i have never thought of doing anything except medicine,I dont know whether to take a gap year or ask my teacher to predict higher grades,i dont think they will predict A grades for me :frown:,I have heard abouty some unis that have a 6 year medicine course but i dont think they will accept me either.
I would retake some chemistry and biology modules as well if I were toub
Reply 10
Original post by Juststudent
i am in the same situation as you,I got DDD in maths bio and chem,I also got an A in spanish i have never got such bad grades in life,i had really good gcses as well,i have never thought of doing anything except medicine,I dont know whether to take a gap year or ask my teacher to predict higher grades,i dont think they will predict A grades for me :frown:,I have heard abouty some unis that have a 6 year medicine course but i dont think they will accept me either.

The 6 year med courses are foundation courses and usually only accept those without science a-levels.

Don't feel disappointed or downbeat! There is nothing yet stopping you from studying medicine! You need to use this to motivate yourself to work harder! To learn from any mistakes you made with revision/time spent etc. Get that AAA at A2. Even if your teachers don't predict AAA, then it's not a problem! Take a gap year with your AAA!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending