Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I start my degree in September 2016 BEd Primary Education.

I did an Access to Primary Education with the Distance Learning Centre but I am thinking that I would like to expand my knowledge base somewhat.

I was thinking of doing some Alevels alongside my degree, perhaps 2 of the following:

English
    Psychology
    Biology
    Sociology

Do you think this is possible? or perhaps a stupid thing to attempt?

ReputationRep:
    Will you have likely clashes with the exam dates like doing a placement?

I've also done an access course and I'd say your looking at about 4 hours a week per AS level and then what every you think the degree needs.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your other commitments but personally I wouldn't do it. When I was studying long distance, in the first year I did a part certificate in counselling and I managed it okay because the certificate wasn't academic and no exams. It had 7 assignments in 9 months and little independent study. Which allowed me to study my degree with little conflict. I wasn't able to manage as well doing a foundation degree at the same time and chose to take a year off my degree to finish the foundation degree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.