The Student Room Group

A low E remarked to an A?

Scroll to see replies

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It seems that many students sitting AQA exams are having similar problems.

I was predicted A/A* for A level biology (AQA) and had been getting As and A*s across all the unit papers I completed in timed conditions and came out with a C. I was also getting As and Bs in maths papers (AS and A2 and also AQA) and was predicted A/B but came out with a D overall (I still don't know how I actually managed to achieve a B in that evil Core 3 paper! :hmmmm2:).

(RIP to my dreams of studying at Warwick or UEA.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Aye. I got the highest biology Edexcel coursework mark in my entire year, really proved that I was a strong student, yet somehow got an E and a U in the exams for only a C overall. My offer was unconditional but still, I wouldn't be surprised if they've entirely changed the way they mark and grade papers. Don't let incompetent exam boards dampen your spirit.
Reply 42
Original post by manic.high.girl
I'm really sorry to hear that, have you got the paper back yet and had a look?

No but I'll request it back soon. I'm really interested to see how I've managed to drop 30 marks. I really shouldn't be finding this amusing.

Have you had your mark back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Kings_queens
god tell me about it, except i'm the other way round for unit 4 and 5. I've just ordered a remark for unit 5.

This whole year basically screwed me over. I put in more effort and more study time for these exams, was in a better frame of mind, and understood the topics better, but got all Es, Ds, and Cs in the papers (except the Bio5 A*, thank god) compared to As, Bs, and Cs last year!

What the hell happened? :lol:

Good luck with your remark, man! :redface:
Original post by Scitty
This whole year basically screwed me over. I put in more effort and more study time for these exams, was in a better frame of mind, and understood the topics better, but got all Es, Ds, and Cs in the papers (except the Bio5 A*, thank god) compared to As, Bs, and Cs last year!

What the hell happened? :lol:

Good luck with your remark, man! :redface:

ah man i dont know! the only exams that messed me up was unit 4 chem AQA and unit 5 bio AQA which i both got cs in. managed to scrape the A in chem and the B in bio... i really need two extra marks else my choice of uni for medicine is so limited :angry: (as i will have to resit it)

do u have a uni place?
Original post by manic.high.girl
I achieved an E in AQA Psychology Unit 3. I have been getting A's all year in essays. and got an A* in the other unit 4. I'm confused. and thought both exams went well.

Let us know how the remark goes OP! Definitely sounds suspicious, I'll bet they missed out a page or something when they were marking your paper xx
Did you hear anything yet? I haven't had mine back yet ffs but I heard a lot of people have had problems with AQA
Reply 47
jilkm
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest