Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just applied through adjustment and got a verbal confirmation but the new university is saying i need to release/cancel my firm and insurance offer but the previous university says that I can't cancel it and the new university has to put me in adjustment. Track doesn't show the new university

Hopefully you already have this sorted but just in case you haven't..

Assuming you've pressed the 'adjustment' button on track then you don't need to cancel your firm or get them to release you. * The new University has to update track and that should be that. *Track should update quickly. *It's different to clearing where track is updated in batches. *

However, because adjustment is still not used that much some Uni admissions staff get a bit confused - that's why it might be an idea to ask to speak to a senior admissions staff member. **

Also, if you are the least bit unsure you are getting the correct advice then call UCAS and get them to look it for you. *

It's best to get it sorted as soon as you can do you can sort out accommodation.

Let us know how you got/get *on *(coz I'm nosy ;-) )*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janeyjaney)
    Hopefully you already have this sorted but just in case you haven't..

Assuming you've pressed the 'adjustment' button on track then you don't need to cancel your firm or get them to release you. * The new University has to update track and that should be that. *Track should update quickly. *It's different to clearing where track is updated in batches. *

However, because adjustment is still not used that much some Uni admissions staff get a bit confused - that's why it might be an idea to ask to speak to a senior admissions staff member. **

Also, if you are the least bit unsure you are getting the correct advice then call UCAS and get them to look it for you. *

It's best to get it sorted as soon as you can do you can sort out accommodation.

Let us know how you got/get *on *(coz I'm nosy ;-) )*
    Yh thanks alot for replying, I thought exactly the same as you and i figured the staff were confused between clearing and adjustment.
    I've had to cancel my firm and insurance because i called the new uni 3 times and the staffs i spoke to only knew about clearing.
    Now i'm just hoping i don't get screwed over and a verbal offer is enough, i am technically now in clearing instead of adjustment and waiting for them to confirm on ucas track. I guess adjustment isn't as popular..

ReputationRep:
    I also called Ucas and they said the uni should put me in adjustment themselves and i wouldnt have to cancel, I just don't understand..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSylar)
    I also called Ucas and they said the uni should put me in adjustment themselves and i wouldnt have to cancel, I just don't understand..
    Call the uni ASAP, explain to them they messed up. And tell them what UCAS told you. IT should be reinstated by them and they should release you into clearing/adjustment.-They probably took you off UCAS all together or some other mistake like that- Happened to me this morning, I got it fixed and I finally scored a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSylar)
    UCAS should be able to help you sort this out. Get on to them first thing tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    So what did you do?!!!

I need an update too. * *It's really not ok for admissions staff to not know how to deal with adjustment offers but I've heard of it happening several times. *

Last year there were only 1100'ish applicants that were admitted to Uni via adjustment which is a small amount so it's understandable why it happens but that doesn't make it ok.

If you haven't got it sorted then phone, phone and phone again. *Call UCAS too (if they are open today). * *

ReputationRep:
    Called Ucas first and they said they only know as much as the Uni does and to call them
    Called the uni and they said there is alot of people to get through but that i am in the list and it will be done on monday. ( I am on ucas track as referred to the uni, in clearing)
    I tried calling for 2 hours but there was a waiting time of 15 mins each call until just recently, I think there's alot of ppl going through clearing or adjustment.
    I just want to get my place and do other stuff lol..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.