Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for adult nursing on Tuesday at the university of Cumbria. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or guidance? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think it's especially helpful to know what your plans are after uni, as this will ensure you are not having second thoughts about your course
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Courtneyx1x)
    I have an interview for adult nursing on Tuesday at the university of Cumbria. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or guidance? Thanks
    There is a link to the Nursing Interview Advice wiki page in my signature below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Courtneyx1x)
    Generally for any interview:

Be yourself
    Body language is very important, how you sit and talk etc.
    Shake their hand only if they offer it ( At least that's what I remember reading)

ReputationRep:
    I had a student this year who interviewed at Cumbria. Whilst I don't know and wouldn't disclose anyway what the interview structure was like, he said it was the one he enjoyed the most. Very friendly staff and they just wanted to hear about his experience as much as possible. Each question gives you an opportunity to reflect on your experience – as does any interview – so just spot opportunities and it should work in your favour.*

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all so much for your feedback! I had my interview and it was quite a tricky one with very narrow questions but I woke up the next day to an offer, then within hours they confirmed my place!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.