Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am at University of Nottingham (year 2 now). But I want to go to Trent freshers week with some friends there, is this actually possible?

In most unis you get wristbands and dont they check your ID? Have you ever been to another university's freshers week? If so, how?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ScruffyQuaver)
    So I am at University of Nottingham (year 2 now). But I want to go to Trent freshers week with some friends there, is this actually possible?

In most unis you get wristbands and dont they check your ID? Have you ever been to another university's freshers week? If so, how?
    Hello

There isn't a 'how' to how you do it. You can just attend other universities Freshers events - sure, you can buy wristbands for the events but normally you can pay on the door as well - the students usually get priority but you can still get in. Just turn up and you'll be fine. Still take your ID just in case but you can attend another universities Freshers!

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello

There isn't a 'how' to how you do it. You can just attend other universities Freshers events - sure, you can buy wristbands for the events but normally you can pay on the door as well - the students usually get priority but you can still get in. Just turn up and you'll be fine. Still take your ID just in case but you can attend another universities Freshers!

Have fun!
    Oh right good to know I thought it was no entry for anyone else in most places
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ScruffyQuaver)
    Oh right good to know I thought it was no entry for anyone else in most places
    From what I know, personal experience and friends experiences, they aren't really 'closed' events. Like I said, they charge on the door for people who didn't want to pay for all events but you could always get your friends to enquire at their SU or the university and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    From what I know, personal experience and friends experiences, they aren't really 'closed' events. Like I said, they charge on the door for people who didn't want to pay for all events but you could always get your friends to enquire at their SU or the university and see what they say.
    okay great, thanks for the help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.