Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just hearing on Twitter that Channel 4 have axed their show Deal or No Deal. I'm gutted,tbh. I hope some other broadcaster, on terrestrial TV takes it on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really shocked myself, the show was going stale. I don't think many watched it hardly like when deal or no deal first came out. It used to be exciting, as picking random boxes was never done before on a game show.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair it has become really repetitive

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was already axed lmao

ReputationRep:
    you can always relive the excitement of opening random boxes at home...

Name:  dealornodealboard.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  71.3 KB

with the deal or no deal boardgame

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised it lasted so long to be honest.

I always wanted to go on it and accept the first deal (assuming it wasn't a truly awful first round).

Probably pick the numbers in order 1, 2, 3, 4, ... too.

ReputationRep:
    TBH, I haven't watched it for months. But that's because I haven't watched any TV for months. My son was doing something to the back of the TV [unplugged] and a whole lot of water leaked out from the aerial that is attached to the wall ,goes through the living room wall and outside. Freaked me out a little. No wonder the picture kept going on and off. We could have been bloody electrocuted. So ever since then the TV has not been plugged back in and I have just put up with watching the odd few things on my laptop. [I suppose the landlord ought to pay to get it fixed, but I know he won't bother his arse so I might as well go ahead and pay for a new aerial or get the old aerial fixed. Provided it's not going to cost me £100.]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairangel)
    I'm not really shocked myself, the show was going stale. I don't think many watched it hardly like when deal or no deal first came out. It used to be exciting, as picking random boxes was never done before on a game show.
    I agree.
    It did get pretty repetitive after a while though.
    I thought it had already been axed.

ReputationRep:
    It slowly disintegrated.
    There became no exciting basis to it.

It's why I feel something like Tipping Point is going to go soon. They're just not interesting in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I never really liked it, i got bored of it because of how repetitive it was
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I heard something about a magical 'cancer box' he was banging on about. Sounds a bit harsh for a daytime show like Deal or No Deal if you ask me, no wonder it was axed.

ReputationRep:
    Used to watch it for a while, but didn't. I guess I really got into it, waiting to see the 1st quarter of a millionaire but I ended up missing it when it aired. Not sure I was into it as much then or not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.