simbasdragon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I will be starting at Van Mildert college in October, but I'm concerned about whether there will be a vegan option at every meal. I was reassured by a student at the open day that there is catering for vegans, but now i'm getting worried and need to make sure.
simbasdragon
Rep:
?
Bump
Lockton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by simbasdragon)
I will be starting at Van Mildert college in October, but I'm concerned about whether there will be a vegan option at every meal. I was reassured by a student at the open day that there is catering for vegans, but now i'm getting worried and need to make sure.
Yes, special dietary requirements can be met for vegetarian, vegan, halal, kosher, gluten-free, nut allergies or other options according to the catering.
simbasdragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lockton)
Yes, special dietary requirements can be met for vegetarian, vegan, halal, kosher, gluten-free, nut allergies or other options according to the catering.
Thankyou! That link is for postgrads, I assume it's the same for undergrads? Ive read conflicting instructions, do you know whether I should email the head chef beforehand or whether I should tell him when I get there?
Lockton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thankyou! That link is for postgrads, I assume it's the same for undergrads? Ive read conflicting instructions, do you know whether I should email the head chef beforehand or whether I should tell him when I get there?
Ah yes, sorry about that! For undergraduates the catering information is the same so it looks like they do cater for all vegans. The university even has its own vegan society so I think you will be fine. I would try and find the head chef whilst you are there in person.
simbasdragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lockton)
Ah yes, sorry about that! For undergraduates the catering information is the same so it looks like they do cater for all vegans. The university even has its own vegan society so I think you will be fine. I would try and find the head chef whilst you are there in person.
Thankyou for your help!
TitanCream
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thats actually a really good idea, email them and ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (278)
15.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.96%
Isolating with family (126)
7.09%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.38%
Loneliness (175)
9.84%
Financial worries (72)
4.05%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (162)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.89%

Watched Threads