The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Didn't apply for student finance

Hello, I wanted to ask if I still needed to apply for student finance if my parents will be paying for my tuition personally?
Reply 1
paying tuition fees with your own money is pretty stupid.. Unless your parents are rich.

You could miss out on University bursary which is free money,
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Gman786
paying tuition fees with your own money is pretty stupid.. Unless your parents are rich.

You could miss out on University bursary which is free money,

I am not bragging (though it will sound like It) but my father decided that he will pay for the feel directly. If it works for him I am not going to interfere.
In my case, is it possible to apply for this finance in the second year of my studies?
Reply 3
Original post by 130398
I am not bragging (though it will sound like It) but my father decided that he will pay for the feel directly. If it works for him I am not going to interfere.
In my case, is it possible to apply for this finance in the second year of my studies?

You can apply in which ever year you want. Theres options to choose if you want: tuition fee loan, maintanence loan and your uni decides if you get bursary which is around £3000 a year.
Reply 4
Original post by Gman786
You can apply in which ever year you want. Theres options to choose if you want: tuition fee loan, maintanence loan and your uni decides if you get bursary which is around £3000 a year.

But theses loans have to be repaid regardless? So why not pay upfront if possible and not worry about it.
Reply 5
Tution fee loans are low interest loans at around 2% I believe.You have rest of your life to pay them off. After you graduate and get say a £30k job. You will be paying like £150 a month which isnt exactly a lot. This is perfect for middle class people.. But since ur rich you dont have to worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending