Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I wanted to ask if I still needed to apply for student finance if my parents will be paying for my tuition personally?

ReputationRep:
    paying tuition fees with your own money is pretty stupid.. Unless your parents are rich.

You could miss out on University bursary which is free money,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    paying tuition fees with your own money is pretty stupid.. Unless your parents are rich.

You could miss out on University bursary which is free money,
    I am not bragging (though it will sound like It) but my father decided that he will pay for the feel directly. If it works for him I am not going to interfere.
    In my case, is it possible to apply for this finance in the second year of my studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 130398)
    I am not bragging (though it will sound like It) but my father decided that he will pay for the feel directly. If it works for him I am not going to interfere.
    In my case, is it possible to apply for this finance in the second year of my studies?
    You can apply in which ever year you want. Theres options to choose if you want: tuition fee loan, maintanence loan and your uni decides if you get bursary which is around £3000 a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    You can apply in which ever year you want. Theres options to choose if you want: tuition fee loan, maintanence loan and your uni decides if you get bursary which is around £3000 a year.
    But theses loans have to be repaid regardless? So why not pay upfront if possible and not worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Tution fee loans are low interest loans at around 2% I believe.You have rest of your life to pay them off. After you graduate and get say a £30k job. You will be paying like £150 a month which isnt exactly a lot. This is perfect for middle class people.. But since ur rich you dont have to worry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.